Already next week, the first of August I was supposed to leave Slovakia again. I got here on the 1st of July after 19 weeks of crazy traveling. After just a month here with my family I wanted to leave until December again.
It might seem surprising to you now that today I just cancelled all the upcoming trips. Why if I cannot live without traveling?
Usually I just visit Slovakia. That’s my holidays.
So why am I going to stay in Slovakia if I could be anywhere in the world? Why do I choose Slovakia and not an exotic Caribbean beach?
kisses from my home town in Slovakia
Well, hold yourself, I even found 12 reasons to stay in Slovakia.
1. My family needs me. I have been pushing my family behind my personal needs. But now it’s time to give them back what they’ve been giving me all my life – time. And I also want my parents to avoid being scared every single day wondering where I am and what other crazy adventure I put myself into. I will be a good kid for a few months and play with my dog who needs me too!
2. Blogging. Right, I need to catch up with writing. There’s still around 90 articles I need to write about my last trip. Wish me luck! And the more I write, the more ideas I have
3. Friends. I never have time for my friends in Slovakia, both those in my home town and those living all around the country. Would you believe that I see my best male friend just once or twice a year??? He will be in my home town in August (on holidays) so I’d better be here and see him in person. With the rest of my friends it’s the same. Most of them I meet randomly at the street my last days at home. This time it will be different.
4. Ebook. Yes, I want to write an ebook, or maybe even more ebooks. I need peace and quiet for that. And free time without thinking of anything else.
5. Design. I need to redesign my blog. When on the road, I never have time for technical things. It’s about the time to find time for important things.
6. Video and photography editing. Well, I have never had time to learn any of these. I want to become better and start making more videos. I want to know what I’m doing and not just do it because it somehow feels or looks right.
7. No planning. Planning new trips is SO exhausting, you have no idea. Just to know I will sleep in the same bed for a couple of weeks instead of swapping the beds every 2 or 3 nights makes me feel good.
8. A trip around Slovakia. For summer 2014 I want to bring some people to explore the beauty of Slovakia. Bratislava is cool but there’s far more places to see in my home country than the capital.
9. Healthy lifestyle. On the road I cannot stop eating. I mean who could refuse dinners in the best restaurants of the world?? But I have just one body and it’s telling me I need to fix it. I bought a great juicer, trying vegan and raw lifestyle. Help!
10. Relax. People who follow my life only on facebook think I do nothing but sunbath on the beach or by the pool every single day. But the truth is that I hardly find time to relax. Recently, a bunch of people asked me when I relax. One of the reasons why I even started the Adventure and Spa project was to force myself to relax too during all those spa treatments.
11. Save. Last month I said on facebook that I wanted to save certain amount of money by the end of this year. And the easiest way to do so is to stay in Slovakia. Simple as that.
12. No stress. In case you didn’t know, traveling IS stressful. I was super stressed the last 2 months and I know I am the only one who can change it. I am not getting younger. Stress is not good.
Now, please don’t think I will not travel at all. You all know I would not survive that! Every week I do one or more short trips in the surroundings or even to the neighbouring countries. But I don’t have to stress myself out with anything. I have all the time on Earth right now to dedicate my time to what matters to me the most.
And why Slovakia? I have everything here I need right now, family, friends, good healthy food and … my bed.
Aw, and I want so find out if I really need to travel 24/7 or I can be happy even with just a few trips. No looking forward to what future brings but living in the moment. Present time, here I come! Wish me luck