Summer Inn Thoddoo Maldives – the best Thoddoo hotel
What I liked at Summer Inn Thoddoo Maldives
- Once you arrive to Thoddoo island by speedboat, a staff member will pick you up at the port, take you to the guesthouse on a motorbike and then serve you a fresh young coconut as a welcome drink. Yum! Coconut is my favorite drink ever 🙂
- I was smiling like a baby when I entered my room and saw all the flower petals and leaves on my bed saying ”Welcome Summer Inn Thoddoo”. Other guests, a couple who stayed there for their anniversary had a lovely ”happy anniversary” on their bed at their arrival. How cute is that?!
- the location is perfect. The guesthouse is situated just a 10-minute walk from the Thoddoo Bikini beach and a minute from the island main street with the mosque and school.
Did you know that on local islands in Maldives you can swim in the ocean in your bikini only (and not fully dressed) only at designated ”bikini beaches”? It’s because you need to follow the local Muslim religion rules. Some local islands do not even have a bikini beach so always double check before you choose a local Maldivian island. Otherwise you would need to swim in the ocean with clothes on covering your shoulders, elbows and knees.
- All the staff members are super cute, they try to speak English and help you when you need anything. It was very easy to stay there, indeed 🙂
- The guesthouse is very quiet at night and you cannot hear any noise from the street at all, unless there’s a big thunderstorm outside. In that case you would hear the wind. Unfortunately, I was there during rainy season so it did rain for 3 days but the rest of my days it was nice and sunny, and very quiet.
- I really liked the modern bathroom and big rain shower which could fit up to 4 people! Both cold and hot shower is available. Although cold is usually all you want on a hot and humid day. But on colder rainy days and when I was washing my hair, I preferred a bit warm shower.
- There’s many plugs in the room, and also a plug adapter in case you forgot to bring yours. They use mostly British plugs in the Maldives but in some places it is possible to use European plugs.
- The staff cleans the rooms every day and they spray it really beautifully in the bathroom so it smells nice. I will remember that smell for a long time.
- There’s chess and other games to play in the evening if you get bored.
- There’s just 8 rooms at the guesthouse so you won’t feel it’s overcrowded. Not even if every room was occupied 🙂
- You can get one extra bed per room for a third person/kid. Kids sleeping on the double bed with parents stay for free.
- Each room has a table with 2 chairs just outside of the room door. You can hang out there during the day and your meals will be served at that table, too. There’s also 2 plugs by the table to charge your gear batteries while eating there. It was very useful for me to work online while charging my laptop and having dinner. Nowadays, it’s necessary to have loads of plugs at the hotel.
- The little patio in the middle of the guesthouse is really beautiful and full of tropical plants and sand on the ground. You can order a romantic candle-it dinner for two right there at the patio. Or even ask for a dinner on the beach 🙂
- What I loved the most at Summer Inn Thoddoo was the food. I am vegan so I asked just for fresh fruit for both breakfast and lunch, and then vegetable dinner. The portions were not only huge, but also finger-licking, trust me. They were so accommodating with my vegan diet, I loved it. The chef really played with my meals, especially dinner. Just look at the photo. And one night I was served such a delicious veggie curry I asked the chef to make the same one for me on my last night 🙂 If you are not a vegan, your non-vegan meals will be perfectly looking and tasting as well. I am sure about it 🙂
- Summer Inn Thoddoo offers a variety of tours to go on during your stay. I took an agricultural tour around Thoddoo island, and also went to Madivaru Finolhu sandbank close to the Rasdhoo island. The sandsank is seriously stunning and the amount of fish seen close-by when snorking is breath-taking. Definitely go to have a look at my Madivaru Finolhu photos once you finish reading this article.
If you would like to visit a local island in Maldives on a budget, get delicious meals and not only spend time in the turquoise ocean, but also see how the locals live, then Summer Inn Thoddoo Maldives is a great choice.
Here you can read other Tripadvisor reviews about Summer Inn Thoddoo to see I’m not the ony one who liked it at Summer Inn Thoddoo. The reviews will hopefully convince you to pick this guesthouse as your Thoddoo hotel.
TIP: Check my photo album with more of my photos from Summer Inn Thoddoo 🙂
***Ak si zo Slovenska alebo Českej republiky, odporúčam ti cestovku Maledivy-levne.cz, ktorá ti pomôže s organizáciou výletu na Maldivy, konkrétne aj na tento ostrov Thoddoo a vybaví ti ubytovanie v Summer Inn Thoddoo, ako aj denné výlety a dopravu.