Staying at awesome Auberge des Falaises in Charlevoix
Thinking of visiting Charlevoix region in Quebec, Canada? You never heard of it? I suggest you better check it out! I took Le Massif train from Quebec City to Baie-Saint-Paul and then spent a few days at Auberge des Falaises making the best out of its spa, fresh cuisine and panoramic views.
What I loved about Auberge des Falaises:
- my vast room – it was a big living room with a fireplace, double bed, TV, and a very pretty modern bathroom with a whirlpool bath and other amenities. I would never guess I’d use the fireplace in June when I was expecting a sort of summer weather but believe it or not, I had to. It was really cold, gloomy and raining the days I was there and it did not help my sinus infection at all. But blogging with my legs on the chair by the fireplace for such an awesome feeling!
- the view – from my room I saw St. Lawrence river really well. I spent some time at the balcony contemplating and I noticed the river looked differently every day. One day I saw a huge sand are in the middle, the other day it was gone and covered by a lot of water. It felt as if I discovered a secret 🙂 I even did some morning yoga at the balcony for a few minutes before breakfast. And once I saw the best rainbow ever and even a cruise looked like passing through it.
- healthy breakfast – there were a lot of breakfast items to choose from – from many healthy ones, such as fresh fruit and oat meal, cakes, different kinds of bread, cheese and cereals, and even other warm breakfast menus and drinks.
- exquisite dining – what I remember the most about Auberge des Falaises is the view. From every part of it – rooms, outdoor spa and even the restaurant – there’s incredible view of the river making its way through the beautiful nature. Dining by the candle light and sunset above the river when tasting fresh local ingredients was simply unforgettable! The fish and the desserts were finger-licking, indeed.
- new spa – 2 outdoor jacuzzi pools with hot water and 1 with cold water, a dry sauna and a relaxing area. It was raining both days when I took the courage to get out there in the rain with fever and sinus infection but I just could not not to use the facilities in such a lovely setting. I even think the warm pools and dry sauna did make the sickness better as I could breathe easier after. And I also hanged out at the relaxing are for some time – it looks like a wooden cabin with chairs, magazines and hot drinks, such as tea, coffee and hot chocolate. You can watch the river from there or even get a nap in a hammock. All inside where it is warm as the relaxing cabin was heated. Outside, just next to it there’s a fireplace too. All in the heart of nature surrounded by many flowers and trees. Thumbs up for the outstanding outdoor spa!
- an outdoor pool for swimming with amazing views of St. Lawrence river – shame the weather was not better to use it. I could so imagine myself hanging out at the edge of the pool facing the river and just meditating.
My stay at Auberge des Falaises was part of my Adventure and Spa project organized by the hotel, Charlevoix Tourism and Tourism Quebec. Many thanks to all of them for making my stay pleasurable even though I was not at my best.
***It took me 4 hours to write this post.