Benefits of traveling to England
England, we all know a lot about this country. We know that it is part of the United Kingdom and its capital is London. The Olympics happening in London right now are not the only reason why we should visit England.
Traveling to England can have many benefits. I can state at least 7 of them:
1) One of them can be to learn the English of England – it is the one they teach us at schools around the world after all. Many people visit England or even more there to improve their English as it is still the language number one around the world. And some people found the British accent (that is inevitable) very cute and sexy; I also do when it is Jude Law’s accent 🙂
2) The Royal family … Prince William used to be the platonic love of so many girls around the world but now when he is married, how about Prince Harry? He didn’t get his older brother’s sexiness but still got some charms, right? Or some of you maybe do like Harry’s red hair and pale face? And if not him, many people worship the British Queen. We just love the Royal family.
3) History … with Stonehenge probably winning the first place dating back to 3000 BC to 2000 BC. Then many legends come from England, such as the King Arthur or Robin Hood and also many historic buildings around the country get us back to the English history. Also many writers were born or lived in England so it can be a real adventure for the literature lovers to visit their house (e.g. William Shakespeare in Stratford-Upon-Avon).
4) Architecture – England has such a specific architecture that apart from the rest of the UK cannot be found anywhere else in the world. I am a huge fan of red bricks – houses, Universities and even churches. The British architecture, no matter how weird it may sound, is one of the things I miss the most about England and Scotland.
5) Habits – my favorite one is afternoon tea which I usually do myself as well. Tea with biscuits and meeting up with friends to chat about life. Oh yes! Many people even start drinking their black tea with milk after visiting England.
6) Music – many famous bands are English. Start with Keane, Coldplay, Natasha Bedingfield, The Beatles, Pinkfloyd, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and finish with Oasis, etc. And it is not just easier to visit London and go to a concert of an English band, but many international bands and singers have their concerts in London or Manchester.
7) Weather – I know, now you must be asking me what? English weather? Yes, even me when I visited London so many times, I never could see there everything I was looking forward to. But on the other hand the wind and especially the rain in England make me to revisit the country again and again and finally be able to experience all the famous landmarks.
What other benefits traveling to England can have? What else do you think I should add to my list?