Top 10 Blackpool Family Attractions
Blackpool in Lancashire is one of the top family friendly destinations in the country. With enough attractions to keep visitors entertained for weeks on end, choosing how to spend your time requires some serious planning.
Although spending extravagantly while you are there is easily done, hotels in Blackpool provide a budget base for exploring this exciting destination.
Don’t miss out on any of the fun, and take your pick from the top ten attractions on offer in this splendid British seaside resort.
1. Blackpool Pleasure Beach – the home of infamous rides such as The Big One, and the Iron Bru Revolution. Since the theme park has undergone a renovation, it is now a clean, thrilling day out for all the family. Reduced wristband prices are available online in advance on the Blackpool Pleasure Beach website, plan ahead and make the most of this offer.
2. Nickelodeon Land – within Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Nickelodeon Land has replaced the old Beaver Creek area of the park. New, contemporary rides have been installed suitable for younger children and tots. Attractions are themed on children’s favourite Nickelodeon characters including SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer.
3. Blackpool Illuminations – if you are visiting Blackpool during the autumn season, heading out in the evening to enjoy fish and chips on the promenade against a backdrop of the Blackpool Illuminations is a must. The main road along the seafront is lit with colourful lights and vibrant displays. A magnificent sight.
4. Blackpool Zoo – this large scale zoo exhibits over 1,500 animals and is a fabulous family day out if the weather is on your side. Plenty of eateries are available on site, should you require a refreshment stop inbetween discovering gorillas, giraffes, lions and… dinosaurs.
5. Blackpool Tower and Circus – Blackpool Tower Circus remains one of the most visited attractions in the country, and still receives fantastic critical acclaim. Although animals are no longer used during the performance, the outstanding water production continues to wow spectators at every performance. Other attractions within the circus include Jungle Jims, Blackpool Tower Dungeons and the grand Tower Ballroom.
6. Coral Island – explore one of the traditional aspects of seaside culture at Coral Island. One of the largest arcades on the promenade, Coral Island is located beside Blackpool Tower at the North Pier. Hours of fun can be had on the retro 2p machines.
7. Central Pier – a fairground by the sea, Central Pier expands on your traditional seaside resort journey. Pay per ride thrills are available in abundance as well as funfair side stalls and eateries.
8. Sandcastle Waterpark – located near to the South Pier, Sandcastle Waterpark is a great day out whatever the weather. Over 18 slides, wave machines and fun pools await you and your clan as well as small toddler splash pools for tots.
9. Adrenalin Zone – Located on the South Pier, Adrenaline Zone is an essential stop for those with teens and older adrenaline junkies.
10. Sea Life Blackpool – an ideal pit stop on a rainy day, the Sea Life centre displays over 200 creatures ‘including sharks, seahorses, octopus and rays’.
Book hotels in Blackpool from Travelodge online and secure the best advance rates for your stay at the seaside.