Amazing stay at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral with unforgettable rooftop pool
During my second time in Kuala Lumpur, when I took dad for his first Malaysian quick trip, we stayed at the Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral. The hotel has a perfect location just outside of the central train station.
The central location makes it very easy for travelers. You have two options to get there from the airport – or you can take a cheaper bus or a more expensive, but faster train directly to Sentral and then just walk for 3 minutes to the Aloft reception. Aloft is basically adjacent to the biggest South East Asia railway station which makes it easily accessible from all parts of the city.
I usually do not enjoy chain hotels very much as they are missing some personal touch but Aloft Kuala Lumpur is truly amazing! I can highly recommend it if you are planning a few days in Kuala Lumpur.
What I loved at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral:
- location – the hotel is situated in the new business district close to main spots. Very easy to get anywhere in town by metro. Hotel is adjacent not only to the train station but also to NuSentral mall with many shopping choices.
- we got a welcome fruit plate with snacks and even my blog name written there. Such a cute detail, I loved it 🙂
- 482 rooms make this Aloft Sentral the largest Aloft hotel in the world (out of more than 100 Aloft hotels). There are 4 different kinds of rooms (loft, urban, sweet suite and the largest breezy suite). We enjoyed
- amazing buffet breakfast – there is everything from fresh fruit, drinks, Indian food, Malaysian heritage food, Chinese food and Western food, to desserts, vegan, vegetarian, meat etc. You can even squeeze your own orange juice there. Really one of the most diverse buffet breakfasts I’ve ever seen at a hotel; maybe together with Samabe villas in Bali.
- dinner at Nook restaurant on the first floor – you have a choice between buffet dinner or a la carte menu. I was surprised to see that the menu also offers vegetarian and vegan dishes. So appreciate it! We had dinner there with dad on our first night, me a vegan one (salad, tomato primavera pasta and traditional dessert ) and dad had a mushroom soup, chocolate tart. All the meals were finger licking! I highly recommend Nook for dinner if you are in town/staying at the Aloft. Very tasty meals, with loads of good spices. Obviously, they also offer loads of dishes for meat-eaters, too.
- rooftop swimming pool on the 30th floor – oh my, how I loved the pool! I could spend an entire week just there by the pool
- great complimentary wifi – worked fast everywhere (our room, Nook restaurant, pool) so I could get some work done quickly
- Tiki-themed rooftop MAI bar with some snacks and drinks (also non-alcoholic drinks). The views at sunset and at night with all the lit skyscrapers around are simply breath-taking. One night we also had dinner there and the Chef Phoebe from the Nook restaurant prepared me special vegan meals again and they brought them from the kitchen outside to the pool for us so we could enjoy the sunset pool views while snacking on vegan nachos with guacamole, Malay curry with rice and a yummy salad. Unforgettable night! And after dinner I took my laptop and wrote this article from a sunbed by the pool 🙂
- our urban room with free minibar – every day our minibar got refilled (drinks and snacks, vegan snacks such as chips, nuts and oreos included)
- room with a view – our room was located on the 22nd floor with a view of skyscrapers and other buildings. Very cool to wake up to that view.
- comfortable big platform beds – I always enjoy wide double beds even when sleeping alone. So comfy!
- each room is equipped with plug-and-play connectivity which allows guests to connect electronic devices to the LCD TV to listen to music or watch movies
- talent show – every Friday from 7 to 9 pm you can listen to local talents singing at the W XYZ bar on the main floor next to the lobby
- Green choice – I always appreciate hotels following green rules as much as possible. Aloft asks its guests to reuse towels and to refuse room cleaning, except the most important things, such as empty bin, replenish water, toiletries and toilet paper. The best thing about it? You get a 15 RM voucher to spend at the hotel restaurants for a Green choice day. Awesome, free drink/snacks!
- recycling bins in the rooms
- free 2 bottles of water per person per day
- free toiletries, with toothbrush and razor included
- nice big shower which could hold two or even three people. Not that it’s needed at all but it’s a nice touch to have loads of space in the shower
- the whole hotel is very colorful, modern with industrial design
- very tech-savvy – You can even charge your phones in the lobby at one of the many plugs. There is a big box with little boxes with plugs and phone charge cables which you can lock with your phone inside until it recharges.
- 100% non-smoking rooms – I hate smoking so this is a big plus for me
- more meeting rooms and ballrooms
- there is a 24/7 re:fuel snack bar on the main floor
- 24/7 re:charge fitness center
- iron, hair dryer, bath robes, slippers, big mirror and security box in the rooms
- staff was very quick, welcoming and pleasant. Restaurant and bar staff would grab our used plates as soon a we finished the meals. Awesome service! They took amazing care of us, so appreciated.
- good security – you need a room card to get to any floor with rooms so it’s safer for guests
- interesting colorful chandeliers in the halls
- saw loads of fireworks right from my bed or rooftop pool, amazing!
What I would improve: I would definitely appreciate more plugs in the rooms (we haven’t found many which makes no sense in a tech-savvy hotel). It was a challenge to recharge 2 phones, 3 cameras, 1 laptop and 1 tablet overnight using just 2 plugs in the room.
Overall, I was extremely impressed with our Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral stay. Awesome service, delicious cuisine, unforgettable rooftop pool and a very modern design located just by the Sentral train station.
If you are visiting Kuala Lumpur, check my post about 16 things to do in KL for helpful tips.
Huge thanks to Aloft for having me and dad in KL. We enjoyed our stay to maximum. For more information, check also Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral website.