Ultimate guide to flirting on the road
Dating. What a weird word! It does not belong to my vocabulary almost at all any more.
I have not been on a date for ages! What does it even mean? Do people still go on a date nowadays? Or we just meet (sometimes online first) and then have sex? Do we even get to know each other first? Where have all the romantic dinners and strolls disappeared?
To be honest, being crazy sexy and fun, I still have not been on a date for months. Surprisingly enough, ”real dating” is just part for the sweet past for most of us. I am talking us, ”travelers”.
I cannot discuss here what ”normal” not nomadic people do and if many romantic dates are on the table for them every day. However, I can so tell you about my life.
Let me tell you something.
The truth is dating IS dead.
When you are traveling, a bunch of things is completely far away from normal every day life of working people. Let’s put it simple. We can flirt as much as we want to, have a crazy sex and just forget once we move on. No regrets, just Carpe Diem if that’s what we want. We don’t have to see the same person ever again (even though trust me, the small bitchy world will play with you a lil bit and you will run into the same person somewhere unexpectedly).
Some are super excited about this. They don’t like dating, they are shy to ask someone for a date, they are impatient or just want to get laid as many times and as often as possible. Just have fun, follow animal instincts and forget the rest.
Or … the worse scenario is to forget about dating and flirting when on the road and completely dedicate your mind and all of you time to traveling only. There are even reasons why travel is better than sex!
But no matter how much I try, I am missing the romantic moments in my life.
SOMETIMES I do 🙂
Unfortunately, there is just no time for romance. No time for a few real dates when you are both blushing and slowly getting to know each other.
When you travel, it’s just now or never. The same moment will never come and both of you will be moving to a new destination tomorrow. So if you like the person, you gotta act! I mean, RIGHT NOW. Does it leave any time for flirting when all you have is a few hours, a day or maximum a few days?
If you know me better, you will laugh now. It is NOT easy with me! Nothing is easy with me, dating and flirting neither. Generally I have no patience, I am shy (would you even believe it?), and I love to laugh and be cheeky so I might be just in a good mood and it could seem like I’m flirting with you.
The worst thing is when I say NO to someone I don’t like enough and he really thinks a woman’s no is a yes but it’s not my case. Maybe I should print off the list of 55 things my ideal man has to have to show it to all the guys then. I mean if they get at least 35 points out of the list, then we can have a chat!
But yet I can proudly say that what I have been doing have always worked – even Ian Somerhalder winked at me and hugged me tight, Paul Wesley asked for a chewing gum, kissed me and said his ideal girlfriend would be a crazy sexy fun traveler; and then sexy model Hideo Muraoka gave me his phone number and added me on Facebook! I mean my flirting gotta work, right? But I am realistic and I know what I can hope for …
Simple tips for flirting on the road:
- ignore and play hard to get – this one works with many. We always want what we cannot have, or at least think we cannot.
- a glimpse – after ignoring for a while, it’s time to give a glimpse. And then another one with a smile.
- touch-and-go – when speaking, find an opportunity to touch the person. Anywhere! Be creative.
- long look into the eyes – you gotta give all the energy you have into that look
- raise an eyebrow and laugh
I am a shy person and it does help. Blushing, shy smile and sometimes not knowing what to say/do is sexy! Even more if I go straight to the point then all of a sudden. But still, I am sure that it’s all about your charm. If you feel good, you look good and you attract people. It works like a magnet.
I have also collected some good tips from other bloggers or my Twitter followers:
– Rebecca confirmed that the flirting has kind of …died and adds that “Can I join you?” normally works.
– Edward said: ”keep the flirting short but sweet.”
– a fan on Twitter told me: ”Smile and wear a bikini. Blokes are simple creatures” 🙂
– DJ Yabis: Smile more and let your natural charm work its magic.
– Kristin‘s favorite is: ”What are you doing today?” ”Hanging out with you.” Direct, to the point, works every time.
– Beatrice: ”It’s so easy to flirt on the road. You can say whatever comes on your mind without worry. If it doesn’t work, you move on to the next one. No risk.”
– Dani: ”When you travel, YOU are the hot foreigner. You don’t need to do much really. Just be yourself.”
– Brenna says: ”My tip to flirting? Look them in the eye and tell them exactly what you’re thinking. Works all the time. Oh, and a little banter doesn’t hurt either. I tease the person I like and we end up having a cute little banter until people start telling us to get a room. LOL. It’s also easier if both of you have something in common already – in the case of flirting on the road – it’s usually travel.”
– Dylan: ”The key is not trying too hard – observe her/him for conversation hinters and approach as though you’re casually chatting. Let your own charisma lead the dance.”
– Jeff recommended to ask: “Have you seen my blog?”
– Kate added to the fastest flirting on the road: ”Step 1: Move hand to zipper. Step 2: Unzip.”
Would you add any more tips on flirting on the road? Do you agree that it is very different to flirting in ”normal” life?