Where to stay in Cabo San Lucas – Marina Fiesta
I was dreaming about visiting Los Cabos for years. It’s impossible to even describe the enthusiasm shivering through every cell of my body when I finally could make my dream come true. After my first cruise ever, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and San Francisco, the huge dreams that came true in the past 2 months, I was ready to fulfill yet another one. I was craving for the famous Arch more than for chocolate!
And in the end what I got was 3 in 1. Not only I finally landed in Los Cabos and a Transcabo personal driver took me to Marina Fiesta hotel, but it was also my first all inclusive resort I got due to my travel blog. I have stayed and reviewed many top posh expensive hotels but they were not in the destinations where all inclusive is popular.
It might not be obvious, but I am a sucker for all inclusive resorts! And Marina Fiesta had it all.
The third thing from 3 in 1 was the sun dog – rainbow around the Sun I was just thinking of the night before. It was the third time I saw a sun dog after Cholula, Tupiza and now here. And believe it or not, my second day in Marina Fiesta when sunbathing by the pool I looked up and saw my 4th sun dog! Happy was the word!
What else I loved about Marina Fiesta:
- my huge suite – when I got to Los Cabos on the 8th May, I was not the happiest person in the world. Three days ago I lost $800 in Napa Valley because of a guy who behaved like an idiot and just made me depressed. But as soon as Andres, my bell boy, opened the door of my 403 and 404 room in Marina Fiesta, the light hit my face and opened my heart. My room literally stole a piece of my heart that could be stolen! Spacious, blooming, lively was the suite on the 4th floor. I had my own fully-equipped kitchen, mini bar with drinks filled every day, a living room with dining room, bedroom with 2 king size beds, 2 bathrooms, and 2 balconies.
- decorations – loved all the colors of my room! Marine paintings on the walls and ships completed the room with the views of the port.
- sunsets – I swear that the sunsets I saw from my Marina Fiesta suite and also from Golden Zone restaurants when dining were the most beautiful ever seen! Every single night I knew I could wait for another jaw-dropping reddish sunset above the hills behind Cabo San Lucas town.
- in-room jacuzzi – believe it or not, on the right balcony I had my own big jacuzzi overlooking the Marina of Cabo San Lucas where I could chill out in warm water during the chilly evenings after dinner, listen to the live music from the restaurants above and forget about the world. There were also 2 sunbeds next to jacuzzi to get some tan in private during the day.
- all inclusive – from healthy breakfast to my absolutely favorite Mexican cuisine, just anything you would crave for was there. And the breakfast was from 7 am to 12 pm which I really appreciated as I could just eat slowly there while working on my laptop. Yes, my morning habit which makes me dislike hotels where the breakfast ends at like 9 or 10 am.
- presents – I know I was kind of a VIP but I received a few presents from the hotel. The welcome present apple and strawberries covered with chocolate, yummy! Also a champagne that many of you would appreciate I guess. And the General Manager sent me a bucket of fresh flowers that left smell around my room for the entire stay at Marina Fiesta. Then, before my check out I received a Stoneware handcraft coffee cup made in Jalisco. Inside the cup I received 4 Mazapan Mexican nut sweets I remembered from my first time in Mexico. So attentive!
- Golden Zone restaurants outside of the hotel – different concept of all inclusive hotel. Different cuisines make it interesting and you have dinner in the middle of everything. Just three minutes walking down from your room to the Marina you have Baja Lobster restaurant with seafood, Imomo sushi, Italian Presto restaurant, Tequila Museum Cantina and Jacks bar & Grill. If you know me well, you can guess I ate sushi, Italian and the grilled fish. All the three restaurants I’ve tried were so good that I had to go back. And if you are a sucker for chocolate brownie as much as I am, get one in Imomo. I’d never say I’d eat the best brownie ever in a sushi restaurant. There I also tried Hawaiian roll with tuna and mango – my first sweet sushi roll and tasted unforgettable! Situated in between the Golden Zone restaurants that are part of all inclusive, there is also Los Deseos Mexican restaurant which is apart. I had chilaquiles for breakfast here, very tasty and the restaurant design makes it a pleasant place to eat.
- wifi by the pool, the lobby and the balconies – not the best connection though. As far as I was advised, the hotel is going to get a better coverage all around soon.
- everything was so close – many activities in Cabo San Lucas leave from Marina. There’s also souvenir shops, finest designer shopping, luxury restaurants and even parties within walking distance. Even though Marina Fiesta Resort is the only hotel situated right in the Marina, a 10 minute walk can take you to Medano beach with the views of Los Arcos that make Los Cabos so famous.
- peaceful European spa with a gym – you have to make a reservation to enter the spa but at least you know for sure that you will have space for yourself. Two saunas, showers and a jacuzzi with refreshing purifying chlorophyll water (the first time I’ve ever seen it in the world!)
- open-air sky gym on the 7th floor with the views of Marina – definitely the nicest gym I have ever seen. It almost even made me to go there and exercise if only I was not so busy getting my tan by the pool or doing adventure activities such as swimming with dolphins, snorkeling or camel riding.
- 2 swimming pools – the main one and a quiet one in the back of the hotel. I spent a few hours swimming each day at the main pool listening to the music.
- jacuzzis on the 5th floor – yes, with the views of Marina! I am sure I would spend a lot of time here if I didn’t have my private jacuzzi in my suite.
- La Palapa restaurant and Aqua bar by the pool – for buffet breakfast and lunch with drinks. Love pool bars!
- a mini market at the Golden Zone – I finished my sunscreen lotion the second day in Marina Fiesta and was more than happy to find a great one in this mini market. All shopping was done within 5 minutes after I left my room. The mini market has a little pharmacy, coffee shop, internet access and also offers sandwiches and smoothies.