Hotel Seven Crown in La Paz Malecón
When visiting La Paz, the capital of Baja California Sur in Mexico (don’t confuse it with the capital of Bolivia in South America), I spent my first 2 nights at El Angel Azul B&B, and the other 2 nights in the hotel Seven Crown. I am glad I could see two completely different places to stay at La Paz and also do different things close by.
The Seven Crown in La Paz Malecón opened in 2002 and the chain has another 2 hotels – one more in La Paz but in the center (not on the boardwalk where I stayed), and the third Seven Crown hotel is located in Cabo San Lucas. The only disadvantage of Seven Crown in La Paz Malecón comparing to the other hotels from the Seven Crown chain was no swimming pool. I know it is close to the beach where the locals swim and a short drive from beautiful beaches such as Balandra, but a pool would come in handy too.
What I liked about Seven Crown in La Paz Malecón:
- even though I did not stay at one of the suites with sea view, I had a pretty stylish room designed in red and the bed was very comfy to sleep in too.
- El Aura restaurant on the 4th floor open from 8 am to 10.30 pm offering full Baja-Mediterranean style menu and the best sunsets ever! Eating healthy with fresh air and the best views? Bring it on! I spent a lot of time in El Aura restaurant contemplating about life as it was my favorite part of the hotel.
- iron, ironing board, free toiletries, hair dryer in the bathroom
- coffee makers in the room
- free fast wifi around the hotel and the restaurant – in case you don’t have your own laptop or phone, there are 2 computers on the 3rd floor
- jacuzzi on the 5th floor overlooking the La Paz Malecon and the Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California.) Shame the jacuzzi is not open after 6 pm too as during the day it was way too warm to sit in hot water the time of the year when I was there but it would have been ideal at sunset time.
- Beach Club – partnering with Papa’s & Beer on the Malecon you can use kayaks, beach or sit in the bar at a hotel price
- El C.I.P. Bar on the top 5th floor – with blue lights at night looks amazingly romantic! I even wished to drink alcohol again to sit there and just indulge in the night atmosphere. The bar is a great place for watching football or other sports on TV and many male guests were doing so every night.
- spa services are available in the hotel
- leaflets with restaurants, tour companies and other activities in La Paz right in your room
- pleasant staff – Natalia and Cesar were very nice!
My stay in Seven Crown in La Paz Malecón was a press stay. Thank you so much! For more information about La Paz, check out Go La Paz website.
***It took me 3,5 hours to write this post.