Where to stay on the Slovenian coast – Majda apartments in Portoroz
Like I mentioned already in one of the previous posts, I didn’t really consider Slovenia as a nice place to visit until we went on holidays with friends to Portoroz and Piran. Five days together with the road trip were more cool than I’d ever imagined it would be. I am so glad I was wrong 😀
It was the last weekend of summer holidays so to find a place to stay for 9 people was not so much fun as we wanted to be sure to have where to lay our heads. We wanted to be all together to speak about some marketing things as we are all kind of marketeers and love giving advice to each other. After a few weeks I spent looking for the best place online, I found Majda apartments in Portoroz.
The communication with the owner, Goran, was rather easy via email which meant a good thing. You know, in the 21st century and the world of a digital nomad like myself, internet dialogues say a lot. And their website is also in 4 different languages 🙂
And this time I was not wrong. Both Goran and his wife Majda were super sweet in person, and Goran also extremely funny and with a great English. Such a happy person! Not sure if it was the Mediterranean climate with a lot of sunny days or the fresh fruit Goran had in the garden, but it definitely worked and I just wished the owner of every single place I stay at would be of the same pleasant character!
Already after the first two hours in the apartment I started loving it:
- location – I am sure, and my friends just nodded, we could have not chosen a better location. The Majda apartments are located on the hill so you get the ocean view from the balcony but on the other hand it is not difficult to walk up the hill at all. The apartments are situated at the bottom of the hill (and we were really grateful for that!) and each time we were climbing up, just laughed from joy at how happy we were for not staying in other apartments at the top. Just look at the view we had from the biggest apartment number 6!
- proximity – a 3-minute walk got us to the beach, no exaggerating! The beach closest to the apartments was the less crowded out of all the beaches we walked through in both Portoroz and Piran, so no complaints. And when some of us needed to use the toilet, we just walked to the apartments.
- shopping – another thing was great when it comes to location of the apartments, Mercator grocery shop just next to the beach, 2 minutes from us. We could go there even a few times a day to buy breakfast, then lunch straight from the beach and eat it at the beach, and then dinner if we were dining in. Each time we left with fresh fruit, vegetables and nuts, and even coconut oil (we are crazy about it – it’s one of the main things I use to be fit when traveling).
- fully-equipped kitchen and bathroom – I don’t like to cook but we still used kitchen a lot to make tea/coffee in the morning, cut all the fruit and prepare vegetable salads. Yes, we tried to go raw as much as we could … until we discovered a delicious Mexican restaurant Papa Chico for dinner the last 2 nights 😀 … also, toilet paper refilled and enough towels for all of us was a nice gesture from the apartment owners.
- wifi – surprisingly, wifi worked super well for all of us. Not that we had much time but to post a pic or to reply to an important email every 2 days (all of us at the same time) worked.
- surroundings – our terrace roof was covered by kiwi! Hundreds of kiwi! I’ve never seen a kiwi tree ever and neither my friends. What a better way of waking up than to breathing fresh air at the terrace with the smell of kiwi fruit. Next time we will have to visit in December when the kiwi matures to even have it for breakfast instead of just smelling it 🙂
- decoration – I truly stared a few times at the photo of the peninsula we had on the wall in the living room and also an image made of shells and other sea creatures hanging on the wall in the bathroom
Staying at Majda apartments in Portoroz was part of a press trip. I am super happy I could share them with my friends and enjoy to maximum!
*** It took me 3 hours to write this post.
Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler
I know, a few things would convince many 🙂
i could get into going there.
Certainly breathtaking location. The view from the apartment is really something.
Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler
Thanks! I think so too 🙂
very nice post and well, your accommodation looks so pretty, especially i like bathroom decoration quite unique no..? Actually our troop is also heading there next month so and we would like to consider the same so thanks a lot for so lovely post and letting us know about it.
Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler
Happy I could you help you choosing your accommodation in Portoroz 🙂