Where to stay in Isla Mujeres – Isla Mujeres Palace all inclusive
In my opinion, staying at Isla Mujeres Palace is definitely one of top 10 things to do in Isla Mujeres island. And I am going to prove you why.
After TBEX conference in Cancun Mexico the 2nd weekend of September 2014 I was invited on a 3 day trip to one of my favorite islands ever, the Island of Women, or Isla Mujeres in Spanish.
We were picked up by a private yacht at the Aquatours Marina at the 6.5 km Boulevard Kukulcan.
Boat trips? Yeah!
Private yacht? Hell yeah!!
Wind, sea, smiles from the captain and his helper and a yacht speeding from Cancun directly to Isla Mujeres Palace was all I needed that day to be happy. I could not help it and had to check out the yacht from the inside, too. What a cool place! Bigger and more luxurious than I thought. (Pssst, I even jumped on the bed but don’t tell anyone :))
I also dedicated a few minutes to meditation with the wind playing with my messy hair and sea water splashing into my face. You learn to meditate in the least comfortable situations, right?
Once we arrived in the Isla Mujeres Palace, 2 persons from the staff were waiting for us with a hand/face towel to refresh ourselves and a pink carnation flower for each of us (the flower reminded me of my home country Slovakia as these flowers are very commong there.) We all got a fresh drink, too. How nice!
All inclusive wristbands allow you to enter all the Palace Resorts and eat there and do all the included activities (except transportation between them.) So you can basically stay, let’s say at the Moon Palace close to Cancun and then go to Isla Mujeres for a day and just eat and enjoy the activities at the Isla Mujeres Palace too.
What I liked about Isla Mujeres Palace:
- all inclusive meals with a lot of fresh fruit, vegetables and different salads (that’s all a healthy person like me needs.) If you are not a vegan/vegetarian, then my friends were very happy with seafood dishes and also ask for a chocolate brownie – very thick, with not much sugar but heavenly good!
- fresh coconut water – not sure if anyone can get it but when I asked, the waiter always made sure he got me one or two. If only I got fresh coconuts until the end of my life and no other drinks/meals, I would still be the happiest person on Earth. No kidding!
- my in-room jacuzzi and the whole room design – I was impressed by the bathroom layout which was not a separate room but only divided from the room itself by a huge mirror. There was also a mirror next to the jacuzzi, so romantic! As Isla Mujeres mostly focuses on holidays for couples, the jacuzzi is for 2 people. You can sit comfortably and watch TV or just anything else.
- service to the beach – you can eat at the beach when sunbathing or in the shadow under the umbrella
- Awe Spa – I had a relaxing massage of 50 minutes with aromatic citrus balm. Highly recommend it if you are tired and need to relax! I also heard the prayers about the Kukulcan Mayan massage done by two people at the same time. It’s supposed to be a sort of ritual of 80 minutes, so definitely try it out if you get a chance.
- the chef Ramon is so sweet and really does a great job. I am trying to be vegan as much as I can and he had no problems making me special meals for dinner that were not on the menu. When a cook can make a finger-licking vegan dish which is not only tasty but also looks good, then he gets my thumbs up.
- dinner at the beach – so romantic! Ask for a table at the beach and dine out there watching the sunset and the Moon. The tables are lit with purple/blueish lights
- minibar and 24/7 room service are both included in the all inclusive service – I’ve never been a fan of room service and don’t ask me why as it makes no sense to me either but staying at Isla Mujeres Palace and then also at Hacienda Tres Rios at Riviera Maya made me fall in love with the room service. I was able to work online from my laptop without leaving the comfort of my room and still could order meals.
- Isla Mujeres Palace is an adults only resort which made it more quiet than other hotels. Not that I have anything against children, because I truly adore them, but I was grateful for adults only as I needed to rest and regain some energy while there.
- good free wifi without any password. Worked also on the beach which made it easier for me to provoke people on my social media channels with beach and sunset photos right from the beach.
- Isla Mujeres Palace has a swim up pool bar, snack area, 2 bars and a restaurant.
- You can rent kayaks, paddle boats and water bikes.