Thavorn Palm Beach hotel on Karon beach Phuket
The minute I saw the motto of the Thavorn hotels ”Where Thai tradition meets Nature,” I knew straight away I would love that place.
Although I do not tend to talk that much about the nature, and definitely do not even spend enough time exploring it, either, yet I still hope you all know what a nature freak I am. One of the reasons why I am trying to be vegan as much as I can is also to protect the environment and animals.
So when I visit hotel that was built already in 1987 and see they are doing anything they can to not disturb the life around, I have to give them thumbs up.
I stayed at this hotel just after experiencing their sister property Thavorn Beach Village & Spa which was very different in many ways. The concept of as many tropical plants around is the same, yet the whole accommodation, activities and demographics of the tourists are way different.
And to be honest I am not sure which of the two hotels I prefer. Thavorn Beach Village & Spa is more high-end, with a lovely spa and more romantic surrounding, I’d say a perfect getaway for couples.
However, at the Thavorn Palm Beach I appreciated some Italian treats (the hotel is visited by many Italians), beautiful Karon beach where a sunset is a must, and a family friendly atmoshere where the staff even remembered my name.
So I guess when choosing a hotel, it always depends on what you are looking for, right?
What else I really enjoyed at the Thavorn Palm Beach:
- 5 swimming pools – no need to explain anything else here, right? My social media bikini photos prove how much I love swimming and sunbathing.
- spacious room – my Deluxe room was very big, decorated in pastel colours with many flowers and bird images, very girlie and homey.
- white design of the buildings and interiors – I think it matches the green scenery around
- located on the golden sand Karon beach which is just across the road. The 500-metre beachfront is more quiet than the touristy Patong beach just minutes away. Watching a sunset here, jogging or doing yoga is highly recommended.
- different cuisines at the 4 restaurants: Windsong cafe where International breakfast is served, Italian Ciao bistro, Thai Old Siam, Mexican Mariachi (was under reconstruction when I visited.) I recommend pesto pasta which was more than finger-licking!
- really big variety of breakfast options – from fresh smoothies, fruit, eggs, jams, bread and pastries, to cooked meals, both meat and vegetarian.
- Orchid garden – Thavorn want to become one of the Asia’s leading natural resorts so as the first Thai seaside resort they began to cultivate orchid species here in the garden. Nowadays, we can find more than 250 both local and exotic species. The staff regulate every aspect of the garden to make sure that the temperature, wind and sunlight are perfect for the orchids growth. The best news? You can enjoy a peaceful walk around the garden during the day. I even did a quick yoga session there on the pavement.
- signs with info about orchids and birds living here. We can hear birds, such as red-whiskered bulbul or Myra, and spot other animals like chicken, reptile skinks, or rabbits. Check out more info about the resort animals in the info booklets in the rooms.
- Thai sculptures – not as many as at the Thavorn Beach Village & Spa but some are so cool. To me, the funniest were the two small fountains of Sumo guys peeing water in the Orchid garden. And the huge showers by the pools are awesome, too!
- gym with peaceful views of the Orchid garden.
- really pleasant staff. They all smiled at me and said hi each time they passed by.
- organic resort – just 100% organic fertilizers are used at the Orchid garden. The hotel is a Green Leaf resort following strict conservation standards (water, energy, waste, organic detergents, recycling program, staff training on environment.) I could not been happier about these choices.
- if you don’t ask for room cleaning, you will get a discount of 150 Thai baht at the restaurant (if spent more than 500 at once)
- fresh coconuts served at the restaurants and bars – just this simple fact meanss Heaven to me :)
- kids corner for families
- Thavorn Rewards Card – for each purchase at the restaurants/bars, points are added to your card and then you can get some drinks/meals for that in return. Pretty good idea for non all-inclusive hotels like this one.
- Beauty Salon – with massages, hair cuts, manicure or pedicure (operated not by the resort but by a different company.) You can even get a massage by the pool during the day.
I was wearing Yacht Club Accessories Seacrusher bamboo sunglasses on the photo below :)
”We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” states a famous saying at the hotel.
For more information about the hotel, please check out Thavorn Palm Beach website.