Tropical 5* hotel in Phuket – Thavorn Beach Village & Spa
I was picked up at the Deevana Patong Resort & Spa and taken to my next hotel just 15 minutes away on the Kamala beach (more North, closer to the airport.) A welcome drink waited for me at the majestic reception where a big statue got my attention.
As my room was not ready yet, I could have some fresh fruit and coconut ice cream at Marisa restaurant (yummy and beautifully served) and then was shown around the property.
There’s 3 different room types – beach, lagoon pool and hillside oceanview zone. When I visited, they cost between 3,400 to 10,000 Thai Baht per room. Mine was on the hill but I had a chance to check out the other rooms as well. They are all decorated in traditional Thai style and most of them have been restored in the past 2 years. The beach rooms could not be closer to the beach and then some pool rooms on the ground floor have private access to the pool right from the terrace. How cool is that?!
I still had an hour to get into my clean room so to make it pass quicker, I visited the spa 🙂
I was greeted with a cup of tea and a nice smelling towel to refresh my hands and face. Then they asked me to fill in a form about my health and parts of my body to focus on/avoid during the massage.
I had a Thai massage for an hour done by therapist Patty. Her English was good, so were her skills. First, she washed my feet with lemon and peeling and walked me to my room to change into Thai clothes traditionally used for a massage.
Yes, I am talking about those huge comfy pants I never can figure out how to put them on; and then also a blouse.
Then I lied down on my belly and watched a nice yellow flower floating in a water bowl under my bed.
I have had so many Thai massages I cannot even remember.
But this one was exceptionally different. How come?
It was strong but at the same time so gentle. Patty’s movements compared to when a mother touches her baby. I guess now you can imagine the softest touch ever. And that’s exactly how the massage felt to me. She knew very well where to press harder but without causing me any pain.
”Are you ok, madam? I am scared to hurt you. You are so small.” Patty laughed when I started to cough.
”Hm, small? I am like 20 kg heavier and 30 cm taller.” I thought to myself. ”Yes, it’s great, thanks.” I replied.
First she massaged my legs, then back and neck, then I turned over, legs, arms, feet in between twice or 3 times, then I sat down for the neck, shoulder and head masage. And finally the last movements to release the pressure in my lower back.
On the way out I got a cup of tea again and answered a questionnaire about the service.
What else I like at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa:
- My hillside room – welcome fruit platter, safe, fridge, big balcony with the panoramic views of the Kamala beach and Patong beach in the background; 2 beds, a bathroom with a shower and a bathtub and free toiletries in recycling paper. Also free pool/beach towels and umbrellas.
- free breakfast – great variety of different meals, fruit, pastries, European and Asian, even soups, egg meals, meat, maple syrup, honey etc, fruit drinks… With the breeze and view of the swimming pool and tropical plants? Could not get any better.
- cable car – to get to the hillside rooms you need to get a free cable car which will take you up. It gives a magical touch to the whole experience when going to your room.
- fast free wifi (not that I felt like working online while here but it was very useful anyway to provoke others posting photos on my social media.)
- Kamala beach – compared to other beaches in Phuket, Kamala is not very touristy as the only entrance to the beach is via the Thavorn Beach Village hotel. No beach in Thailand is private though but in here you wll get a lot of privacy
- lagoon swimming pool is with its 4,900 square metres one of the biggest of its kind in Southeast Asia. It’s set in tropical garden which complements the Nakalay Bay nature. I truly loved all the cascades, statues, flowers and bridges all around. It’s so far from being a full touristy pool and I had fun swimming around and observing all the plants and stones around me.
- animals all around – such as frogs, dugs, chicken, birds, butterflies, dragonflies, and most of all rabbits. Yes, rabbits! It’s a place full of wild rabbits that are not really scared
- orchid garden with more than 250 different orchid species. There’s supposed to be approx. 25,000 to 30,000 different orchids in the world which makes this collection is a really big one. I have to agree with a stone sign there ”Garden is happiness.”
- a bar and 3 restaurants serving different cuisine. I tried Thai dinners at the Old Siam restaurant and have to say that the green curry was so delicious. I am not the biggest fan of Thai food because I don’t like spicy and I am vegan, but this dish and sweet and sour with rice were really finger-licking! Did not feel heavy at all and they made the green curry almost non-spicy for me. I also got a chance to taste stir fried veggies and a mushroom soup, oh yum! How did they know I am a huge mushroom lover? Thumbs up!
- many beautiful Thai statues – of rabbits, elephants, yogi and fountains
- lush greenery everywhere with so many tropical plants, flowers and even bonsai trees (some from the 17th century)
- nice walk between the beach and the beach zone rooms which is lit at night
- beach beds providing shade during the day and lit romance at night
- when it’s not raining, you can have dinner at a table on the beach – ask abut Beachfront dining at the Old Siam
- a lot of free activities – such as yoga, voleyball, football. And also paid activities, such as pier fishing, kayaking, snorkeling, Thai cooking classes, horse-back riding for kids, etc.
- green hotel – signs around my room were asking me to save the planet by reusing the towels and bed sheets. The best thing I saw was a sign saying that I would get 150 Thai baht for drinks/snacks at the hotel restaurants if I didn’t want room cleaning for that day. How awesome is that?!
- 1 liter of free water per room per day
- free mosquito repellent in the room
- fitness centre next to the smaller swimming pool
My stay at the Thavorn Beach Village & Spa was part of the Adventure and Spa project. Thanks from all my heart for letting me experience the tropical paradise.
This place is amazing , the food , the spa everything
Nice review! Love the photos too. Hope to visit too soon with someone to make that dinner by the beach romantic haha
Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler
Haha next time we can have a dinner there together, Mica 😀 Always easier to count on girl friends than guys 😀
Well, surely dinner was the most charming part 🙂
Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler
Yeah, the dinner by the beach was very romantic.