The only Caribbean St. Kitts hotel Timothy Beach Resort
After spending a few days at Marriott St. Kitts and then a brief exploring of Nevis island, we returned to St. Kitts – this time to the only Caribbean St. Kitts hotel Timothy Beach Hotel. As you can see, other hotels on St. Kitts are all on the Atlantic side or somewhere inland, but Timothy Beach Resort is the only one directly on the Caribbean side with calm water to swim in.
Timothy Beach Resort is not one of the most luxurious hotels I stayed at. However, it’s comfy, practical, in a nice setting and equipped with the most important things for a longer holiday. Especially great for families, I’d say. But having a whole condominium for myself only was not bad either 🙂
What I liked about Timothy Beach Resort:
- condominium suite – I spent some time relaxing on the sofa in the living room and enjoyed my kitchen when I wanted to make a cup of tea, prepare oats with fruit or cut some fruit. Fully-equipped kitchen and a dining table came in really handy.
- flower design everywhere around my room – from bed linens to the sofa and curtains giving the room a fresh vivid touch.
- spacious balcony – I think most of my time at Timothy Beach Resort was spent out at the balcony. I was travel blogging from there, munching on my healthy snacks, taking a siesta, observing many different birds jumping around me and most of all, meditating at the sunsets I saw straight from the balcony. I even posted a series of photos from sunset at Timothy Beach Resort as they did really well on Facebook.
- monkeys around made me feel like in the jungle. They live just behind the hotel so very early in the morning they just jump around the trees in front of your balcony. I even set up early alarm on our last day to watch them and try to snap some shots because by 8am they are usually gone. Be careful with leaving things at the balcony though, especially food, as they can get pretty sneaky. The monkeys played nice with me and never took anything, I just found my clothes I was drying up all over the balcony and not how I left them. But it’s a great show observing them every morning.
- ocean front swimming pool – very quiet set on a small hill just above the reception has lovely views of the beach.
- situated in South Frigate Bay, the beach was just a few metres from my room – you can swim, watch cruises and other boats on the horizon, observe sea gulls and other birds, do snorkeling or other water sports or just read and relax.
- free wifi
- breakfast – I just wished there was a buffet breakfast and not only choosing from a few breakfast menus as I would prefer just fresh fruit (I don’t eat toasts so there was not much for me to eat from a breakfast plate) but having breakfast with fresh morning breeze just next to the beach was lovely!
***It took me 3 hours to write this post.