Where to stay in Genoa
Maybe you remember how I said just great things about an apartment I stayed in Barcelona which I booked via Wimdu. Well, that was heaven, but now I came to paradise!
Visiting Genoa for a few days to attend TBE conference, I wanted some privacy.
Where to stay in Genoa?
I decided to book a place with Wimdu again. This time I booked a room only, not the whole apartment and found out the room was in a B&B Essiale run by an Italian family.
Once I booked it, the conversation with the owner Paola meant I made a good choice. She explained me how to get to the B&B from the train station and then waited for me on the day of my arrival. My train was a bit late, but she still welcomed me with a smile, gave me a free map and showed me the main spots of Genoa on it. She also knows a bunch of non-touristy places to recommend you to visit. Shame because being one of the official social media TBE bloggers I didn’t have time for that. Her positiveness meant a lot to me, a smiling face can always make up your day. The best thing is that she stayed that way every day during my stay.
Thinking now, there was not even one single detail about my room and the stay in B&B that I did not like. What I enjoyed there? Plenty:
- location – 2 minutes walking from Brignole train station which is the 2nd train station of Genoa. Basically in the centre, so walking distance to all the main attractions.
- green tea was waiting for me when I checked in. Yes, there was coffee, green and camomile tea so you could make what you liked in the room. Sometimes I miss this in some hotels or apartments because I have green tea every day in the morning if possible. It was also very handy as I got sinusitis again and the only way to change Bryn Adams voice into a sexy girlie voice was with hot drinks.
- free fast wifi in my room
- double bed – I love space!
- super clean – Paola cleaned up each time so fast!
- breakfast – when I was booking the room, I knew there was supposed to be breakfast included but to be honest I did not expect much. But what Paola said about healthy breakfast on the website was really true. The first morning I got so surprised! Breakfast took place in a beautiful decorated room and there was so much to choose from! Hot and cold drinks, juices, eggs (the way you liked the most), yogurts, different kinds of cereals, toasts, ham and cheese, cakes and biscuits. Every night before I went to sleep I was already looking forward to having breakfast again.
- building – the apartment is actually situated in an old palace from the 19th century which gives you a feeling of real Genoa as it’s a city of palaces (the most famous ones are at Via Garibaldi not far away)
- smiling faces of Paola and her husband Francesco, very welcoming as if we knew each other for long or even were family members
- it looked like not just the owners were super sweet, but also other guests. We spent breakfasts chatting with a very pleasant older Dutch couple.
- very clean bathroom and equipped with towels, hair dryer, shampoo and shower gel – oh yes, I used them all. During busy days of the conference, I was happy I could wash my hair and not to wait for 2 hours until my hair got dry. I try to pack light which means I never have a hair dryer with me.
This stay was a press trip organized by Wimdu apartments. All the thoughts in the post are my own. Thanks again for making me feel like part of a family!