Where to stay in Budapest – Golden Park Hotel
Don’t ask me why it took me so long to spend a few days in Budapest. You know how it is, you just take for granted places that are kind of close to you. But then when flying from Budapest to Porto TBU conference in September, I finally made an effort to visit this underrated city.
I chose 4-star Golden Park Hotel as my work and fun place during those days and let me tell you, it was a great choice!
What I liked about Golden Park Hotel:
- Located just a few meters from Keleti (the Eastern Railway Station) just at the opposite site of the Baross square. The location could not be better if you get to Budapest by train. I got there after 10pm and walking just 2 minutes to get to my hotel was the best thing ever!
- Good for both travelers (like me) and businessmen.
- Cute staff – helped me with everything I needed. Nice guys working there!
- Situated in an impressive building that is more than 100 years old.
- Nice rooms, with a table where I could work and a comfy bed.
- Safe and fridge.
- Hair dryer – I need it when having very busy days as my hair needs around 3 hours to get dry when it is not hot and sunny outside.
- All 179 rooms with a private bathtub or shower.
- Smoke detector.
- Free wifi in the lobby (it did work in my room number 601 too).
- Close to many Budapest attractions by public transport that leaves just outside of the hotel (both Subway and buses; hop on hop off bus leaves less than 5 minutes walking from the hotel).
- beautiful view from my little balcony – I went out there both every night before going to sleep and every morning after waking up. I loved to see the silent train station and almost no people at night and then so many people going all around in the morning.
- Telephone and wake-up system in the room.
- Air conditioning in the room.
- Free sauna 🙂 If only I had time to visit it, but I was invited to Szechenyi thermal baths and Aquaworld and there was sauna already. Next time then for sure 🙂
- Gym in the price of the hotel,
- Big breakfast included – anything you could imagine for breakfast, it will be there. From fruit, to vegetables, salads, eggs, bacon, cerelas, coffee, tea, milk, bread etc.
- Breakfast served in a big room with very interesting transparent ceiling.
- Soundproof windows – very useful with all the hustle and bustle outside around the train station.
- Mediterranean Restaurant with traditional Egyptian cuisine.
- and Italian Restaurant, depends on what you prefer 🙂
- Souvenir shop in the lobby – no need to go far if you need some souvenirs for your family or friends.
- Ironing and laundry service available.
- A massage possible when you book it.
- A clothes line in the bathroom – very handy for me.
- Envelopes and letter papers in the room – why not to write an old-fashioned romantic or business letter? Great surprise instead of internet emails these days 🙂
- The good thing is that they are reconstructing all the rooms in the hotel, so soon you will get them even nicer 🙂
My stay in this hotel was a press trip. All the thoughts in this post are my own as usual. For more information, please visit Golden Park Hotel website. The hotel offers a lot of coupons with discounted prices, so check it out 😉