Where to stay in Trencin – hotel Elizabeth Trencin
What I liked at hotel Elizabeth Trencin:
Originally built in 1902 but fully reconstructed a few years ago – rooms are new and modern.
Built in Art Noveau style which makes it look a bit “posh”, luxurious and elegant.
Its secessionist architecture makes the hotel stand out.
Good location – the hotel is situated between the train station and Trencin city centre which makes it easy to walk around. No need for a car, taxi or public transportation if you just want to stay in Trencin town. At least I personally enjoy walking always when possible so thumbs up for the hotel location.
If you are not from Slovakia, you might not know yet that Trencin town has been popular for its medieval castle which is located on a hill just above the hotel Elizabeth. It’s possible to see the majestic Trencin castle from some rooms. The most quiet rooms on the top 4th floor have windows facing towards the castle. That’s exactly where I stayed at as I have sleeping difficulty and could not sleep in a more noisy room on the 2nd floor facing the main road where I stayed in my first night. If you also prefer quiet rooms, opt for a deluxe room on the 4th floor too, or for a room on the 3rd floor facing the hotel atrium.
- Really beautiful mirrors in the rooms, both in bathrooms (with lights) and bedrooms. I guess mostly women will appreciate the mirrors more than men.
- Comfortable beds, bed linens and pillows. Rooms have slippers and bathrobes to be used at spa. It’s easy to just walk with a bathrobe on from your room to wellness located on the main floor using lift.
- Fast wifi – I had no problems with wifi around the hotel and it worked very fast in the room, restaurant, caffe, lobby etc. Only in wellness area it was or very slow or non-existent but I was happy for that as it forced me to relax a little bit without being online all the time even when at spa. I believe no spas should have wifi available, and people should leave their phones in the lockers to chill out and let others around them to relax as well.
- vegan menu – this point is a bit tricky as I really hope it will become part of normal restaurant menu and was not there just for my stay. I tried all the 3 soups, 2 main meals, and 2 breakfast items on the vegan menu. All of them I could taste during my second stay were delicious, indeed. Caffe Sissi and Restaurant Elizabeth are both famous for their tasty cuisine, mostly for the food quality and also the way the meals are designed on plates. The restaurant offers more high-end experience, thus the prices are higher, too.
- room service – I am a big fan of room service as eating in my room is an advantage for me. I can work online while eating and without looking weird with my laptop at the restaurant. Although at hotel Elizabeth online work was not the reason for room service, I still enjoyed dining out in my room.
Pozrite si tento príspevok na Instagrame
Already the first step into the hotel will put a smile on your face. I’m talking of stunning modern atrium where modern design meets the history.
You can see the old Roman inscription from 179 AC. It’s written on the rock on which the Trencin castle stands but the only way to see it is through a glass window from inside of the hotel. Just head to the 1st floor where you’ll find the inscription together with some information. Even if you are not a hotel guest you can go to have a look at the Roman inscription. Enter the hotel lobby, head to the lift on your left and press 1. Or if you are not sure where to go, ask at the reception. I’ve seen a few times that the receptionists were giving instructions to non-hotel guests about how to get to the inscription. But remember to take a moment to look around the magnificent hotel atrium as well.
While at the reception, take a look at 2 things. The first are the original stones from many years ago that are covered with glass next to the sofa. The second thing is a sort of an underground reconstructed kitchen with an old furnace also covered with glass. It can be found between the bar and the restaurant underneath your feet. If I understood it right, all those stones were found in the hotel area in the past.
Elegant restaurant Elizabeth and Caffe Sissi complete the design of the hotel. Both look very cozy and stylish. The restaurant is usually more quiet and private, but the caffe seemed more spectacular to me when speaking of its design.
hotel guests have free entrance to Caracalla spa. The spa designed like in ancient Rome, offers hydromassage swimming pool with water jets and bubbles. Roman columns around the pool will get you back in time to the Roman Empire when history of the Trencin castle began. The pool is cool for photos but not that big for swimming. In wellness you can find: Finnish dry sauna, Roman sauna, herbal dry sauna and my favorite steam sauna which also smelled like herbs. There’s 3 ways to cool down after sauna: tropical rain shower, cold fog, or with crushed ice.
- Massages and spa treatments are amazing and affordable. They are not expensive for a 4* hotel and once a month there’s even a ”Sunday massage day” with 30% off all massages. You need to book a massage ahead of time as they are super busy on that sale day.
- I tried 4 different treatments at hotel Elizabeth Trencin: full body Polynesian ritual, face Thalgo ritual with hyaluronic acid, full body aromatherapy massage and classical full body massage with hot stones. Two different spa therapists (Barbora and Frantiska) did my treatments and both were really professional and professional at what they were doing. Massages are done with natural almond oil so in case you are allergic to almonds, please advise them ahead of time. However, usually almond oil is fine for most people and it’s very beneficial for skin. When having aromatherapy massage, essential oil of your choice will be added to almond oil to massage your body. I ordered a full body massage but after a long train ride I asked for just leg and back massage without arms and front part of the body and it was fine to adjust the massage to my needs. The spa therapist had no problems with that.
- Thalgo rituals: both body and face treatments with French Thalgo cosmetics are done at Caracalla spa. Like I said, I had 2 of them, one full body and one facial. Both were amazing, relaxing and I left like a brand new person. The week I was there they were only starting with Thalgo facials at hotel Elizabeth so I was one of the first people to try it on there. The facial with hyaluronic acid cremes, peeling, and face, cleavage and arm massage felt so great I can really recommend it.
Thumbs up for asking guests to protect nature re-using towels in rooms. I will always support eco-friendly way of life.
Once a month they organize a big themed brunch with live music at the Elizabeth restaurant. Every month it’s a different theme. So even if you live somewhere close by, you can go to taste different meals each month. It’s not that expensive for all you can eat buffet. I was there in February and can recommend it. They had so much food to choose from, even some vegan options.
- Although I did not have time to attend any yet, I know that yoga lessons are organized at the hotel. There’s a big yoga studio with mirrors on the 4th floor, next to the gym. Yoga lessons are paid extra but entrance to the gym is free of charge for hotel guests.
- The hotel has a congress hall for conferences, weddings and other events.