Where to stay in Espinho – Hotel Solverde Spa & Wellness
When I visited Northern Portugal for a few days back in September 2012 to attend TBU conference, I stayed in Hotel Solverde Spa & Wellness for 2 nights. Right, it was during our interesting Geo and Medieval tour with some more bloggers when we had a permanent laugh.
We were all really happy to stay in the only 5 star hotel in the Northern Portugal that is situated at the beach. You know me, a beach bum! Unfortunately, during our stay there the weather was not that nice to us and cold breeze and beautiful clouds did not let me to jump into the waves of Atlantic Ocean.
Already from the name of the hotel I could say I would like my stay there. So when I was able to pass 2 nights and 2 mornings enjoying everything Hotel Solverde can offer, my expectations only came true. Especially after I could enjoy swimming pools and saunas on the second day there.
What I loved about Hotel Solverde Spa & Wellness:
- location – situated just 15 minutes from Porto and 2 minutes from Espinho town, at the beachfront. Espinho is a pretty little town where you can for example visit the Paper Museum
- swimming pools with seawater- outdoor one, one heated indoor pool and one for children (remember you need a cap for the indoor pools so or bring it with you or you can buy one in the hotel for 4 euro)
- free wifi and room cable internet
- chocolate waiting for me after check in – there’s nothing better for a chocolate lover :)
- fresh fruit and water every day on my table – I so loved this service because a day without fruit is not a day
- TV with relaxing music was on when I entered my room for the first time – put me straight into a good mood
- super comfortable double bed – I slept like a baby
- balcony with the view of the swimming pool and the beach
- buffet breakfast with a huge sellection of fruit, cereals, bread, hot breakfast, cakes and drinks
- you are greeted and served by waiters during breakfast
- view of the breakfast room – you see the beach and the swimming pool, so relaxing!
- free entrance to sauna – steam sauna, dry sauna, Turkish bath, jacuzzi
- safe, radio, telephone, air conditioning and hair dryer
- olive oil toilettries – good for your skin and hair
- very clean
- the hotel is a great place for meetings
- in 2005 all 176 rooms went through redecoration – now all decorated in a contemporary style with Portuguese influences
- private entrance to the beach where jogging along is a favorite activity in the morning
- many other facilities I did not have time to try but just offering them, the hotel gets my thumb up: gym, minigolf, a restaurant, a bar, selling unique jewelry, 4 tennis courts, beach volleyball court, football field (I used to be in love with football when a child)
In my opinion, Hotel Solverde is a perfect getaway for families, couples or even solo travelers who want to both relax during their stay and also do some sports.
My stay in Hotel Solverde was part of Geo and Medieval trip which was a press trip. All the thoughts in this article are my own. You can find out more about Solverde here. For more about Northern Portugal visit Turismo de Portugal – Porto e Norte website and Porto and Northern Portugal Tourism Board. Many thanks to all of them to make my stay unforgettable.