Hotel Posada Real in San Jose del Cabo
When visiting my dream destination Los Cabos in Baja California Sur, Mexico I wanted to see different parts of the state and also different kinds of hotels. First I stayed at beautiful Marina Fiesta Hotel in the harbour of Cabo San Lucas, then at luxurious Hacienda Encantada on the rocky beach and the last hotel I chose was Posada Real, one of the oldest hotels in San Jose del Cabo. In between the hotels I was using Transcabo transportation when pleasant drivers were always waiting for me outside of each hotel to take me to the next one. And let me tell you, on my own in a big black comfy van I did feel like a rock star!
Hotel Posada Real in San Jose del Cabo is completely different to the first two hotels I visited mostly because it still keeps its history and also because it is mostly for the local Mexican tourists so it is not so Americanized, not too luxurious, nor expensive. All the three hotels I stayed at in Los Cabos are all inclusive yet with various concepts of it.
What I liked in Posada Real in San Jose del Cabo:
- my room with a view – both pool and beach view
- all inclusive drinks 11 am to 11 pm at Oasis poolside lounge and Dorado lobby bar. There was always a waiter from Oasis bar going around the pool asking for your orders, very attentive. So I could enjoy a cup of cold juice by the pool without even going anywhere to get it.
- I could get breakfast, lunch and dinner at Cactus restaurant and also Wahoo snack bar by the pool was open from 12 pm to 5.30 pm. I truly enjoyed quesadillas with guacamole or fresh fruit plate in the shadow by the pool.
- food – there was a lot to choose from in the Cactus restaurant buffet and the meals were varying every day
- outdoor pool and jacuzzi
- Posada Real is situated on the sand beach (but it’s a bit difficult to swim in there because of the waves)
- room service – like in Los Cabos room service is charged in all inclusive hotels
- cacti all around the hotel – felt like right in the heart of a desert
- coffee/tea maker in the room
- my balcony was big enough for a morning yoga session
- Posada Real in San Jose del Cabo is an ecological resort – change the linens every 3rd day or on check out day; they use solar panels to heat the pool; fluorescent lights, minimizing the garbage the hotel produces, there are water containers at each entrance of the hotel to refill water bottles
- live music every night – LOVED it when dining at Cactus restaurant and could hear live music from the lobby
- no smoking hotel – finally, no more cigarette smell like in Las Vegas or Salt Lake City hotels!
- free beach towels
- free fast wifi around the hotel, in the rooms and by the pool so I could blog
- also free 30 minutes of internet on the computer in the Business Center in case you don’t have your own laptop
- mini gym, mini golf, table tennis and tennis
- shopping arcade – a gift shop and drugstore
- massages at the beach on one of those fancy massage tables
- public bus to San Jose downtown leaves from outside the hotel, bus to Cabo San Lucas leaves from Mega market 2 blocks away
- you can go horse-back riding along the beach – there’s a guy with horses just outside of the hotel where you walk to the beach
- Mega shopping mall just a 5-minute walk from the hotel
- discounts: 20% off massage, fishing trips and car rentals plus golf credit for Posada Real guests
- maps and a booklet with discounts for restaurants, bars and shops in San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas – e.g. 10% at Baja Lobster restaurant situated at Golden Zone next to Marina Fiesta Hotel where I stayed at
- sunsets – each night in Posada Real I saw a pretty cool orange sunset from my balcony so I went out for a walk along the beach
My stay at Posada Real in San Jose del Cabo was a press trip. Thank you so much again!
*** It took me 4 hours to write this post.
Crazy sexy fun traveler
Comment@ Bjorn Karlman:
Haha I love doing that 😀 Thanks, Bjorn.
You sold me! I like how you got your blog screen shot in as product placement:)