Rent apartments in Playa del Carmen – Sabbia Condos Playa del Carmen
After training muay thai boxing in Bangkok and relaxing on the Aruba island, I returned to Mexico for another 2 weeks. No matter what, I simply had to stay in Playa del Carmen, one of my favorite towns not only in Mexico but also in the entire world.
Playa del Carmen has it all. It’s a bit touristy but here everyone mingles with everyone and many expats found their new home in this little charming town.
There’s coconuts, beach, good weather, healthy restaurants, nice people, awesome chocolate … (also good clubs if that’s what you are looking for, but not me) 🙂
My previous time in Playa del Carmen just before TBEX Cancun together with other bloggers we stayed at the most ”luxury hotel” in town – El Taj Oceanfront and had an awesome time.
But now I returned on my own and needed something different. Which is when I heard of Sabbia Condos where in the end I stayed for 10 days. I rented 309B apartment.
What I liked about Sabbia Condos apartments in Playa del Carmen:
- location – just a few minutes from the 5th Avenue (the main street in town) and the beach. I love walking and each day try to walk at least 10,000 steps and here it was very easy as from the apartment I could walk everywhere. All the restaurants, banks, exchange offices and shops are close by.
- good wifi – after my busy days I finally had time to do some blogging so staying at one of these Sabbia apartment in Playa del Carmen was perfect for that. I used the dining table as my work table and had it covered with maps, leaflets, laptops, chargers and cameras and spent a lot of time sitting there and writing.
- swimming pool – as much as I love the sea, I still usually prefer to do my swimming in the pool as I am not a big fan of sea waves which bother me when swimming. Here, I could go to the beach and sunbathe during the day and then in the late afternoon swim laps in the pool to keep myself fit. Not sure if it is always like that or I was just lucky, but there were never too many people in the swimming pool, mostly some during the day but then after the sunset no one.
- jacuzzi – by the pool there’s also 2 jacuzzis where I could relax after the swimming and watch the sunset, the stars and the moon. The place looks pretty cool with all the lights on, and the swimming pool changes the light colours from green, to blue to violet. Very romantic!
- spacious apartment – I was there on my own but 4 people can easily sleep in there. I had a double bed in my room and there’s another 2 beds in the second bedroom.
- decorations – from beautiful wall images, to pyramids
- little balcony where I could relax, dry up the towels or even grill if I’d like to
- fully-equipped kitchen – when it’s hot I usually do not cook at all and try to stay as raw vegan as I can, so I didn’t really need much in the kitchen but the fridge and the blender. OMG, now just thinking of it it reminded me of all the fresh coconuts and healthy chocolate I ate there.
- potable water container to use – once finished, you can call the reception and they will bring you a full one for a small fee
- leaflets and maps of Playa del Carmen – all the information you might need
- gym – I am not a fan of gyms as I don’t like when people are looking at me when I exercise but you can be sure to find time just for yourself in this gym if that’s what you are looking for, too
- business room with a sofa and a table downstairs next to the reception – in case you cannot focus in your apartment, you can sit here and work (on laptop like I did), or just read
- sweet receptionists who are easy to talk to
To find out more about apartments in Playa del Carmen, such as Sabbia Condos, please visit Let’s Go PDC website.
Great pictures! Looks like luxury condo. I’m in love with Playa del Carmen.