Thermal Sirava spa resort – new Zemplinska Sirava hotel
I hope that by now you know that I was born in Eastern Slovakia. And if not, well, I come from a small town called Snina, the Easternmost ”town” in Slovakia. I guess it makes sense to feel connected to the whole area, right? When I am at home, I do travel around Eastern Slovakia quite a lot. The last hotel I stayed at was Thermal Sirava spa resort. It’s a new-built hotel which was open only in 2018. I took my mum there for 5 days as she also likes the area as much as I do.
What I liked at Thermal Sirava spa resort
- The biggest benefit of staying at Thermal Sirava hotel is that all hotel guests have free entrance to ThermalPark, both water and wellness center. ThermalPark Sirava was open in 2014, 4 years before the hotel and their Wellness sauna world is my favorite sauna place in Slovakia. It is not the biggest sauna world ever, but they have 4 different saunas and they do daily sauna rituals there. And the swimming pools have healing thermal water so you can swim or simply sit in the pools in any weather.
- Location – Thermal Sirava spa resort is situated just a few metres from the Zemplinska Sirava dam. There is a bus stop just across the street so you can visit even if you don’t have a car. From the hotel located in Kaluza part of Sirava you can easily walk to other parts, such as Kamenec. It is really a nice walk along the pavement, or right next to the dam if you don’t mind grass.
Did you know that Zemplinska Sirava is called ”Slovak sea”. There are many activities to choose from while there. Go for a walk around the coast, swim, go on a boat trip etc.
- Thermal Sirava is a brand new hotel – it was open only in April 2018 so everything in the hotel is new, modern and fully functioning. And that’s always a plus, right?
- Our big apartment was gorgeous! I have to say that we stayed in a room the first 2 nights, and then at an apartment for another 2 nights. The room was lovely as well. I liked the bathroom a lot, and a big bed, and a view of the Zemplinska Sirava too. But the apartment was another level. So fabulous! It had a little kitchen, a bedroom with a TV, a bathroom, a living room with another TV and a balcony with the view of the dam. But that’s not all. We also had our own infra-red sauna! You could just go to sauna from the living room and look at the Zemplinska Sirava. How cool is that? I was so amazed, you have no idea.
- Each hotel guest gets a bathrobe, a beach towel and a beach bag to use during their stay. That’s awesome because we could just wear bikini and bathrobes on top and walk like that across the parking lot to the ThermalPark. Funny, I know but at least no need to carry your own things from home.
- They are trying to be eco-friendly. Each bathroom has a BIG label in both English and Slovak asking hotel guests to save water reusing the towels more times and not just once. Personally, I focus a lot on eco-friendly principles because saving our planet’s sources is one of my main life principles. We never wash towels at home every single day, so why do people want fresh towels daily at hotels?
- I had a relaxing cranberry hot bath in a big wooden hot tub in the resort spa. Yes, there’s a tiny spa also right in the resort. Let me tell you, the wooden hot tub is incredibly amazing! So big! And next to it there’s a comfy sofa bed to chill. Just imagine… relaxing music, dim red lights around, sparkling wine (I didn’t drink it but you will get a small bottle). Perfect way to relax both body and mind 🙂
- There’s a really nice rooftop terrace with sunbeds. When I had an hour only until a meeting and I didn’t feel like going to ThermalPark for such a short time, I could just lie down on a sunbed on the rooftop to get some sun beams.
- I have to say that the huge chandeliers in the main restaurant by the lobby are marvelous. My mum was in awe each time we were there and she kept looking up. Aren’t they pretty?
- All staff members I was in touch with, were really nice to me. I cannot say anything bad about any of them. Pleasant human approach is always appreciated and necessary at each hotel, I believe.
- You can grab one of free apples at the reception. I really LOVE it when there is fruit you can take when passing through reception. Such a small detail gives me a good feeling that the hotel cares about guests 🙂
- I appreciated that the whole hotel was very clean.
- Modern design
- TV in each room
What would I improve at Thermal Sirava spa resort?
For me the biggest issue, and the only one that mattered, was vegan gluten-free meals. I understand I visited the hotel just 2 months after its opening so they are still trying to figure out how to make everything works. But getting vegan meals was not that easy. In the end I was happy with my meals but it took some time to explain. But I am going to the hotel again in a few months so hopefully they learned from my experience and it will be better then.
If you are not vegan, you wouldn’t have the same problems with your meals, breakfast nor dinner.
TIP: Check also my post why Thermalpark Sirava is my favorite wellness in Slovakia 😉 You will find 10 reasons there. And yes, that’s the water park with wellness where you have free access when staying at Thermal Sirava Resort I write about in this article.
TIP 2: Here’s more photos I took at Thermal Sirava resort 😉
Thanks so much to everyone who made my stay pleasant. For more information about the resort, have a look at Thermal Sirava website.
Check my Instagram profile for more photos from my trips 😉