Travel on a budget
There’s no denying how tight things are financially for everyone across the globe in the current economic climate. The newspapers are always filled with stories of low funds and rising prices so, understandably, travel is not a high priority for many.
However, there are ways to travel within your area and overseas without breaking the bank.
Here are just a few tips on how to do so when traveling to the United Kingdom:
1. Plan your trip well in advance. Most airlines offer discounts for booking in advance, and make sure to shop around airlines to find the one with the best deal. It might also help to look at flights that are not non-stop, as often they are cheaper.
2. Be sure to take advantage of Airport Hotels that are conveniently located near the airport, most offer a shuttle service to and from the airport and are usually located close to bus and tube stations. Not only this, but look for airport parking and hotel packages; sometimes you will be able to find packages for the same price as parking alone – which means you pretty much get a free stay in a hotel, stress-free departure day for free!
3. Another tip for hotels at locations all over the UK like Gatwick hotels and Heathrow airport hotels is to check the hotel websites for discounts, as often they offer discounts for booking in advance or if you are a member of the hotels club, which is often a free membership.
4. Speak with the concierge at the hotel you are staying at, often they can provide tips for places to visit that are free of charge for sightseeing.
5. Eat smart. There is no need to break the bank at expensive fine dining restaurants when there are often amazing meals to be had at a discounted price at the hotel. Many hotels often offer complimentary breakfasts for all guests as well.
6. Public Transportation is a great money saver as well. The cost for a train or bus ride is a lot cheaper than renting a car or taking a cab. Your hotel concierge will often be able to provide you with the train and bus schedule and often offers shuttle service to the station as well.
7. The last tip is the easiest one to accomplish; plan your trip in the off season. Every country or city that you travel to usually has a season that is more popular than others when everything from travel tickets, to hotel rooms and other events are more expensive. Booking in the off season has several advantages, less crowds and the prices are often greatly reduced.
These are just a few things that anyone traveling to the United Kingdom can do to make their trip more affordable. Check out here how to get a cheap stay, too.