Where to stay in Bratislava – Sheraton hotel
I love Slovakia. I am a huge patriot and each time I talk to someone, I try to speak about my home country the best way possible because yes, there are many reasons to visit Slovakia. There are things in the country people don’t know about and it would be a shame to leave them with no fame.
I go back to Slovakia very often every year, but it’s always more about proper holidays for me and spending quality time with family than any ”outdoor work” so I hardly plan anything and don’t work with locals in the Slovak tourism like I do in any other country around the world. The truth is I do things differently when I am at home than when I travel.
But this time I decided to include Slovakia in my Adventure and Spa project as it’s less known than other destinations but fits the project idea perfectly. I went to the capital for 6 days to sort out a few things, finally have personal meetings and not only email or facebook messages conversations.
I fell in love with Bratislava a few times in the past and it was no different this January. I am happy to have many friends living there, even some of those I met by accident for example in Thailand, Argentina or Bolivia.
Besides, I was ready to relax my mind and body after a month of crazy detox and just don’t think of anything else. After checking out the best hotels in Bratislava, I quickly realized choosing Sheraton hotel was the only option.
Staying 5 nights in Sheraton and talking to its staff formed my opinion about the hotel. There was nothing negative I could say about my stay. And I love when I get to my room and there’s my name on the TV 🙂
In fact, I loved many things in Sheraton Bratislava:
- quality – it was the first 5 star hotel built in Bratislava and now I can really say it is the best hotel in the city.
- I am not a celebrity or something and I hope I will never really get there, but it always makes up my day if people have an idea of who I am.
- I am all for personal approach and I prefer when I am treated as a ”friend” than just as ”another customer” so thumbs up for Sheraton.
- friendly staff – I had amazing conversations with some of the staff, such as the Digital Marketing Manager Michal Kralik, sweet masseuse Mary or a hot stone masseur Matus Szabo. Not only I learned more about the hotel from the people working there, but I also learned a lot about ups and downs of their personal life and opinions. Like I said, being personal and not formally cold means everything to me and I would never change this attitude. If a person I meet when traveling gives me something mentally, can teach me something, anything, or just puts a smile on my face because of his/her positive thinking, it gets stuck on my mind and my heart and that’s one of the best things about traveling.
- huge comfortable bed – for an insomniac like me, to have a great sleep is something that does not happen every night. It means even more to me to have a lovely comfy bed where I am sure to fall asleep. Even now, I am still amazed at the bed size as believe me or not, I could easily sleep width wise instead of lengthwise even being 180 cm tall. Honestly, 4 people could sleep on the bed I had!
- both shower and bath tub – I love both and on cold days the only thing I need is a relaxing bath so having both in my Sheraton room in freezing December was a wise idea! And you might know it already, travel blogging from a bath tub/jacuzzi is one of my specialties! But on the other hand, before a meeting I just want to take a quick shower.
- coffee and tea maker, fresh bottled water every day – to stay fit when traveling I need to drink 3 – 4 l of water and herbal tea and being able to get some straight in my room is one of my most important things when it comes to choosing accommodation.
- fast wifi – a digical nomad needs fast wifi just all the time!
- wellness – having a swimming pool and sauna access in Sheraton is something I really needed. I was able to chill out there after a long night train from Snina and then also every day take a short swim. You get towels, a bathrobe and slippers, and there’s potable water there too.
- Shine spa – aw, my favorite part of Sheraton! It’s beautiful, relaxing, with great quality products and awesome staff. If tennis player Daniela Hantuchova, Canadian hockey players or Kevin Costner can pamper themselves in Shine spa, then I can too! I had a hot stone massage for the first time ever and also algae treatment, fun times!
- gym – a cute small gym with the most important gear. I didn’t have my trainers with me so couldn’t enjoy the gym properly but I am sure it helped all the other Sheraton clients to get/stay fit.
- breakfast – I could speak about it for hours. If I can get a healthy breakfast in a hotel, it becomes my hotel 🙂 It was the first time ever I saw also loose tea offered in a hotel and you got a wide selection of them! Freshly squeezed orange juice, berry smoothie, exotic fruit, seeds, nuts, oats and other cereals were exactly what I usually have for breakfast. Those who prefer it a little bit unhealthy and salty, there is cheese, vegetables, bread, eggs, sausages and other meat available too. Very appealing to me was also the fact the breakfast is served in Sheraton 6.30 am to 10.30 am so I could wake up like I normally do and enjoy my healthy moment around 10 am replying to business emails from my phone (yes, wifi was fast there too!)
- location – Sheraton is located in New City Centre in Eurovea Galleria shopping mall with around 200 shops, bars, restaurants and other services. Anything you might need is within your reach literally just a minute from Sheraton. Food courts, shopping, meetings just around the corner. And it’s easy to organize both business and personal meetings in Sheraton because of the possible parking in Eurovea. In summer it’s all green along the Danube with people taking a rest on the grass and chatting to their friends. I missed a place like this in Bratislava as it’s one of the very few places where I can relax when traveling – parks and promenades. Even in winter you can take a peaceful walk along the Danube just a few metres from Sheraton.
- view – room with a view? Yes, please! I am a night person so did spend some time looking out of the window at all the different colourful lights.
- conference rooms – as I started going to travel conferences recently (such as TBU and TBEX, or TBE), I do appreciate a hotel with big conference rooms. There is also Link Sheraton with PCs with internet and sofas for smaller meetings. Link Sheraton Cafe (kind of a take-away) is situated just on the right side of the concierge.
- if you are into more luxury, get the Presidential Suite with the stunning blue lighted bath tub in the middle of the bathroom and also your own big binocular in the room to get the best views of Bratislava.
Crazy sexy fun traveler
pekne promo o #Bratislava 🙂
Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler
I never been to that one, and I will never go either 😀
I preferred the Hotel Kyjev in Bratislava. Sadly, it has closed.
Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler
Thanks babe! You know better than anyone what I deserve 🙂
Love the photos! I envy your staycation experience but you deserve some pampering 😉