My 29th Birthday, 29 achievements and 29 dreams
It was 29th birthday on the 14th November 2013 when I wrote this post …
Some people would freak out as it’s just 1 year missing to reach 30. I know, don’t remind me 😀
I admit I always wanted to get married when 28 … and I think this is the only dream I’ve ever had that did not come true and will not any more. The only one.
But years were passing by and I realized there are more important things in my life than just getting married.
It’s not that I don’t want my own family, don’t get me wrong, I really do and I deeply love children.
However, I guess someone bigger than me had different plans with my life first …
Exploring the best life has to offer while exploring myself, my heart, my character, my mind, my will, my strength … has been the aim of my life until now.
I believe I had to discover what I am capable of and what I truly love from the deep of my heart, what makes me happy first, then inspire others to do the same and then once I know who I am everything else will fall in place.
Right now I am in the state of everyday gratitude and you might have noticed I publicly state who and what I am grateful for every day on my Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler Facebook Fanpage.
I am also in the process of learning how to be happy in my own skin …
I am sure I need to find peace within myself and realize it depends only on my thoughts and not on what is happening in the outside world around me. Yoga and meditation help me with this extremely well.
I am just learning that right now … on the other hand, I know now that all my little dreams I fulfill one by one do make me happier and more content, and give me some sort of pleasure.
For many people the biggest things to accomplish by the age of 29 are marriage, kids and/or career.
For me it is something completely different.
The most important achievements in my life are the little details that set my heart on fire as well as making other people smile.
First of all, I am grateful for every single person who has taught me something, grateful for every single lesson in my life and grateful for my strong will to move forward no matter what.
I am also grateful for the following …
29 amazing things that meant a lot for me:
- my biggest dream came true – the whole travel blogging and traveling around the world when I am my own boss means the whole world to me, literally
- overcoming my introvertism and fear of crowds – doing more and more presentations
- whale watch in Provincetown
- skydiving in Gran Canaria
- paragliding in San Jose de Iturbide
- ultra-light flight
- helicopter flying in Las Vegas, Slovakia and over Niagara Falls
- hot air balloon in Costa Brava
- zip lining in many different countries around the world, such as zip lining at El Chiflon waterfall, in las Vegas or wild zip line in Los Cabos
- snorkeling with sea lions on Isla Espiritu Santo
- MA degree in English and Spanish philology
- stewardess job – well, life of a cabin crew was fun but also had its disadvantages
- learning yoga in Panama
- swimming with wild dolphins (pink dolphins in the Amazon jungle of Bolivia)
- visiting more than 45 countries – the whole list is on about me page
- was featured in a few magazines – Vanity Fair called me ”Hot on Facebook” and Cosmopolitan ”Fun Fearless Female”
- was featured in 2 calendars – Ryanair Cabin Crew Calendar 2010 and Travel Blogging Calendar 2012
- was featured on a local Italian TV
- met in person with the stars of Vampire Diaries – Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley in Barcelona
- hugged and kissed with Taboo from Black Eyed Peas in Rimini
- spent a few weeks hiking the Andes in Argentina and Chile
- had hundreds of different spa treatments
- kissed many animals
- visited many archaeological sites including more than 19 pyramids in Mexico (call me a pyramid freak)
- was picked up by a limousine
- had dinner with a Minister (and I came late 😀 oops)
- inspiring others to be better persons, to travel more and to be healthier
- met hundreds of people following their dreams
I am still planning on being here for at least 70 more years but let’s just give me another 29 goals …
29 things I still want to do:
- be grateful for every good and bad thing in my life till the end of my life
- learn another language
- learn to scubadive
- snorkeling with beluga whales
- swimming with sharks
- swimming with elephants
- shoot jaw-dropping photos of Antarctica
- get my own bikini and clothes line
- be featured on an international TV
- take a photography course
- take a video course
- publish a book about my life
- make a movie about my life
- be an actress in a movie
- do tours around Slovakia as my home country has hidden gems you cannot miss
- work with a children charity intensively
- give birth to an amazing creature
- have a huge photo advertisement somewhere at a famous square – do more modeling (I believe it is not about the age)
- hike Kilimanjaro
- take a loooong cruise – ideally around the world
- be part of an archaeological excavation
- visit at least 100 islands
- visit all the countries in the world – literally EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM
- buy my mom a jeep (she loves huge cars!)
- get my dad RTW holidays (of course with myself being a personal guide)
- adopt a child
- be a raw food, yoga and meditation coach
- do health courses
- do something remarkable in life I will be famous for afterwards