30 things you did not know about Crazy sexy fun traveler
There was this challenge going on Instagram where you got tagged by someone who asked you to post 5 things we might not know about you. My Crazysexyfuntraveler Instagram was tagged by 3 different people over 3 weeks. Each time someone tagged you, you should post instagram stories telling your followers some ”secrets” about you.
I was surprised how many reactions I got to those stories. Some of the messages were also saying I should write a blog post about these things. A guy said that everyone can identify with someone easier if you know some details from their personal life.
So I put up a list of things that maybe even some of my best friends do not know.
30 things you did not know about Crazy sexy fun traveler
1. The first 5 years of my life I had blonde and then ginger curly hair. That was my natural hair color but later on it got darker and it’s been dark brown for many years now. I’d say my hair is more straight than curly. But to be honest, it gets curly when I wear it in a bun, especially when wet.
2. I never liked the taste nor the texture of meat. Never, not even when I was a kid. But I was always kind of ”forced” to eat it. Because you know, they say it’s healthy and you need to eat meat to get your protein. Bullshit! It was not until 2013, when I was 28, that I decided to go vegan overnight. I would spend hours reading about vegan vs. animal food and realized how much better I’ll be without animal products. And I can honestly say I’ve never felt better in my life.
3. I do like hiking and mountains. That feeling once you reach the mount peak is not possible to describe with words. However, you mostly see me spending time on the beach instead of in the mountains. It is because of 2 reasons. I am mentioning them both below in points 4 and 5.
4. I was born with a lung disease and my lungs are 1/3 smaller than they should be. My whole life I’ve had breathing difficulties and I would get sinus infection every 2 to 4 weeks. I even had a nose surgery when I was 14 to be able to breathe ”normally”. It didn’t really work for longer than a year. The doctors told me that if I wanted to breathe better, I would need to get a nose surgery every year. Are you kidding me?
No one ever told me that my breathing problems would get better if I didn’t eat dairy. I only found out about it back in 2013. Dairy makes a lot of mucus which is why it’s more difficult to breathe. Vegan diet, yoga and pranayama breathing techniques do help a lot, too. My lungs are still 1/3 smaller than those of other people, but at least I do not get sinus infection and can breathe easier. It is still difficult to go hiking because I simply don’t get enough oxygen and I need to go slowly, step by step. That’s why I don’t go hiking a lot. However, I’ve hiked around the Andes for 2 to 3 months in 2012.
5. I am allergic to cold. No joke. Allergy tests said so when I was a kid. For many years I would get skin rash in cold weather. It was not easy to look at, and it was also itchy. So I kind of developed that habit of going to the beach a lot. Just to be in warmer weather where nothing feels and looks weird on my skin. What’s interesting is that since I’ve been vegan, I do not get skin reaction to cold any more. I still prefer hot outdoor temperatures over cold, however it’s not visible on my skin any more. Yay! Cold allergy is another reason why I don’t spend as much time in the mountains as I’d like to. I simply don’t like being cold, that’s it.
6. I do not like blond guys. I know many of you are interested in this topic so I think mentioning some things about me and men will not do any harm haha. I prefer men with dark brown or black hair. Tan or olive skin is also a must. As I spend so much time on the beach, I cannot be with a guy whose skin gets red or stays white after sunbathing. Darker skin seems nicer to me.
7. Bryan Adams voice makes me crazy. I don’t even know why. He has such a specific sexy hoarse voice no one else does! I’ve been in love with his songs for many years. I still get goosebumps when I hear his voice again after a few days. Plus, Bryan has been vegan since 1989! He also prefers mostly raw vegan diet like me. Awesome!
8. I could never date someone who smokes or drinks alcohol. I’ve never smoked in my life ever, and I’ve not been drinking alcohol since 2009. Not even a drop. I’m trying to lead a healthy life so logically I could not be with someone who smokes (the smell makes me vomit!), nor drinks. Not even one of my ex boyfriends I was dating in the past 8 years was a smoker or drinker. It simply pushes me off big time!
9. I once dated a football player and had to watch all the football matches with him for 3 years. Until we broke up I kind of liked football. But since then I have not watched any football match at all. It’s been 13 years already! Not really sure if I could ever date another football player. Well, maybe I could, if I didn’t have to watch the matches with him and could watch a romantic comedy instead.
10. I had a crush on both Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley for a couple of years. I even carried a photo of Ian in my wallet for quite a while. You know who I mean? The Vampire Diaries actors :) And guess what? I met with both of them in Barcelona. Lucky me! You can read more about my meeting with Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder in my other article ;)
11. I do not watch horror no sci-fi movies. I tthink I’ve had way too many horror situations in my life already, which is why I prefer to watch something more positive, more real. I do like comedies and romantic movies. I have not watched any TV series for over 6 years. The last 2 I saw were the Vampire Diaries and Prison Break. Both mostly because of the cute actors :)
12. I hate wearing high heels. Tight shoes and heels are unhealthy for your legs, posture, back and also tendons and muscles. Many health problems are caused by wearing heels and also very tight shoes, especially tight in the front. Such a bad fashionable thing! So against logic. I had to wear heels when I was working for Ryanair for 2 years. But since I quit in early 2011, I hardly ever wear them. I think that I wore them like 4 times in the past 5 years (mostly for weddings), and not even once in 2017. I’m super happy that I don’t need to wear them any more. Prefer barefoot a lot more. And it’s so much healthier, too :)
13. Speaking of Ryanair, did you know I was on the cover of the Ryanair charity calendar in 2010? They chose 6 girls out of 4,000 working for Ryanair and I was one of those 6. However, then during the photoshoot I refused to go topless/naked, so my photo did not appear inside the calendar.
14. I watched striptease in person just once in my life. A girl friend took me to watch Thunder from down Under in Las Vegas. OMG what an experience it was. Like in a movie! The guys had perfect bodies but I really liked just one of them. The same guy Steve asked me to sit on his lap when we were taking a photo after the show. Could he feel my energy towards him?
15. I do not like olives. I don’t mind olive oil at all, but olives? No way! Even their smell makes me sick. Out of all the fruit and veggies, the only thing I do not enjoy are olives. Olives, please, stay away from me.
16. I never go into the sea when there’s big waves. When I was in Mexico in 2011, I almost died twice in the Ocean. Two huge waves came in unexpectedly and I could not get out from the water. It felt like in the washing machine and I seriously thought I would not make it.
17. I am crazy about motorbikes. Although I’ve never had one, and I don’t even have driving license for motorcycles bigger than 50 cc, I cannot live without motorbikes. My favorite ones are choppers and road motorbikes. I have a few friend who ride so they sometimes take me on a trip when I’m in Slovakia. My dad is a motorbike owner, too.
18. My favorite country is Mexico, then 2. Costa Rica and 3. Philippines. I also fell in love with Maldives, and like Thailand, Israel and Spain quite a lot. All these countries have amazing beaches, tasty food, nice people, interesting architecture and much more. I’ve visited more than 56 countries, but other approx. 20 I do not count as I haven’t seen much there (o been only to the airport).
19. I’ve been travel blogging since September 2010 and since March 2011 professionally (making living out of it). I’ve published more than 1,000 articles on this travel blog www.crazysexyfuntraveler.com since 2010.
20. I am scared of insects. Don’t mind spiders nor snakes at all. But insects are driving me crazy, and mosquitoes, too.
21. I’ve been practicing yoga since May 2012. It’s my favorite ”sport/exercise”, even though it’s MUCH more than just physical movement. I try to meditate every single day. Meditation has changed my life completely and I feel calmer, more focused, and at the same time more energised thanks to it. Definitely can think clearer and decide what to do easier listening to my intuition.
22. I speak 4 languages fluently. I was born in Slovakia so I speak Slovak, my mother tongue. Then I studied 5 years in Czech republic so I could easily speak Czech if I wanted to but it’s not necessary as they understand my Slovak as well. I also speak English and Spanish, and have MA degree from both languages. I can also understand other languages, such as Russian, Polish, Ukrainian, Croatian, Serbian, Italian, Portuguese etc.
23. I have been vegan since July 2013. Have way too many reasons for that. Veganism has changed my life completely and I managed to get rid of some health problems thanks to the new diet, mostly raw vegan.
24. I’ve never been drunk in my life. EVER! I never really liked the taste of alcohol and would mostly drink mixed cocktails. But I quit drinking alcohol on the 1st January 2009 so it’s going to be 9 years without a drop of alcohol. It was a New Year’s resolution for 1 year, and well, I realized I don’t need alcohol at all.
25. I do not drink coffee at all. Never had a cup of hot coffee in my life, ever. I am a big tea lover instead. To be honest I don’t really understand why so many people are so addicted to coffee. I don’t see why they like it. No idea.
26. I do not like dancing. You won’t see me dancing much, almost ever. On the other hand, I sing quite often, almost every day. Usually in the shower, or when I’m walking, or preparing my meals, or in a very bad/very good mood.
27. Before yoga, I used to be crazy about Thai boxing. My practice started when I worked as a flight attendant for 2 years before blogging. The easiest way to get rid of negative energy from some passengers was to do boxing. Then I even trained in Bangkok for a week in different thai boxing schools and gyms. Yes, I am serious. I still believe I could defend myself if it was necessary, however, I am more of a calmer yogini nowadays. Well, at least trying ?
28. I am not a morning person so even though I like sunrises, I am not up at sunrise time quite often. I manage to see 80% less sunrises than I do sunsets.
29. I only use 100% natural cosmetics on my body, all vegan and not tested on animals. It’s mostly organic cold pressed oils. In the morning, during the day, for sunbathing, after sunbathing, at night… Always just natural bio cosmetics.
30. Yes, I do believe I was an Aztec princess in one of my previous lives. I wrote an entire article about it on my blog. Just click on the link 2 sentences above to find out why I believe so. Interesting, trust me ;)
TIP: Did you like to learn more about me? If yes, then you can read another article about 39 + 1 secrets about me ;) But don’t tell anyone, promise?