Where to stay in New York City – romantic Library Hotel
After writing about my experience in Hotel Elysée last time, I also have to tell you about Library Hotel I stayed in afterwards so when you go to New York, you can choose what kind of accommodation you prefer.
”The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page‘‘ once St. Augustine said and it became motto of not only many crazy travelers like me, but also of Library Hotel. And no wonder why. This hotel is situated just 3 minutes walking from the New York Public Library.
And it is not the only thing I loved about Hotel Library:
– perfect location – 299 Madison Avenue 41st Street, 5 minutes walking from Times Square
– with a bar on the top 14th floor with a beautiful view of Midtown Manhattan, and surrounded by flowers and plants, a place to relax or read. Every night the place transforms into Bookmarks Lounge offering literary inspired cocktails
– with Madison & Vine –Restaurant – American Bistro and International Wine Bar, a popular spot for lunch or dinner and a glass of winewith Madison & Vine Restaurant – American Bistro and International Wine Bar, a popular spot for lunch or dinner and a glass of wine
– room service – you can order delicious meals from the restaurant
– it was voted the most romantic hotel in NYC by Fodor’s Choice Gold Awards 2010
– Library Hotel is inspired by the 10 categories of the Dewey Decimal system so each of the 10 guestroom floors honors one of them: Social Sciences, Literature, Languages, History, Math & Science, general Knowledge, Technology, Philosophy, The Arts and Religion
– Library Hotel is for sophisticated travelers – there are over 6,000 books in the hotel, with many of them in each room (always about the topic of your room, mine was Ancient Language 400.006)
– pleasant and very helpful staff
– free wifi around the hotel, and both wifi and cable internet in the rooms
– complimentary continental breakfast
– free fruit, coffee and tea throughout the day in the Club room on the 2nd floor
– piano, books, magazines and newspapers in the Club room
– complimentary wine and cheese selection from 5 pm to 8 pm
– complimentary bottle of the wine, 1 l of water and tasty Leonidas chocolate after checking in your room
– Book lovers never go to sleep alone … motto on a pillow, so loved it!
– complimentary DVD library – but in the hotel advise you to go out to enjoy New York City instead of watching DVDs with which I agree
– Library Hotel is a no smoking hotel – being a non-smoker it completely fits me
– hair dryer and free toiletries in the bathroom
– telephone in the bathroom to use when urgent
– free health club passes to New York Sports Club around Manhattan
– radio and alarm device to plug in your iPod if you want to listen to your own music
– safe, big TV screen, iron and ironing board and bathing robes in rooms
– good for business travel and meetings
– comfy bed and pillows
– my bed was prepared for sleep, relaxing music on, lamps on, shades down when I came back from the afternoon Cheese and Wine reception, I was amazed
– beautiful bathroom with a great shower, cotton for make-up removing, make-up mirror
PS: When using the code ”CSFT” my readers will receive up to 20% off of the room Best Flexible Rate :)
My stay in Library Hotel was a press trip. All the thoughts in this article are my own. For more information about Library Hotel, visit Library Hotel website.