Where to stay in Puerto Varas – cabañas Molino Viejo
Before a ride through Chiloe Island and the visit of wooden churches of Quinchao Island, I visited Puerto Varas for a day, and then again on the way back from Chiloe for another day. During my stay (and my friends’ stay from Surfing the Planet) in Puerto Varas, I chose Cabañas Molino Viejo as my place to stay overnight.
Beautiful white and green Cabañas Molino Viejo are situated at 1003 km of Ruta 5 between Puerto Varas and Llanquihue.
What I liked about Molino Viejo:
- lovely staff – the owner Mariela is such a cutie! Always smiling, always helpful and you will feel with her like part of her family, as if you knew each other for ages!
- great location – very peaceful and quiet area, good for cleaning up your head from all the hustle-bustle. Very good for walks in the nature and the big gardens, to enjoy the trees and the flowers. Mariela has a garden full of flowers and you can even buy them.
- fully-equipped cabañas – you have everything inside, from satellite TV, hot shower, everything in the kitchen you could need, clean towels, soaps and shower caps.
- 3 bedrooms, 1 of them suite (the one downstairs) with huge comfy double bed
- 2 complete bathrooms
- wifi in all cabañas – to stay in touch with your loved ones, or to work online like I do … It can be very nice to know that you can get online even though enjoying some peace and quiet of the colourful gardens of Molino Viejo
- very family friendly – there are even chairs for babies
- table tennis, baby football, volleyball, children games – both adults and children could never get bored in Molino Viejo cabañas
- a place to prepare asado
- central heating in all the rooms
- 2 heated swimming pools – in all the green nature it is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the sunbeams during the day
- laundry and breakfast is possible if needed
- there are cabañas with access for disabled people
- car parking just outside your cabaña
- the local bus to Llanquihue, Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt leaves from the main road just 3 minutes walking from the cabañas
- safety box
- there is a hammock in the garden
- both bath tube and shower so you can choose which one you prefer
- cabañas are a very nice place to watch sunrise/sunset
- every cabaña has its own terrace with a table and chairs – for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks
I really enjoyed my stay in cabañas Molino Viejo. I just wish I could stay for longer! For more information or to make a reservation, please visit Molino Viejo website, send them an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 56 65 233940 or to the cell phone 099787852.