5 favorite beach hotels
A few days ago I had a conversation about beaches in Messini because people do get surprised I have not visited Greece yet even though I’d planned summer in Greece. I was asked about my favorite beach hotels around the world. It’s true that sometimes I stay at cabañas, chalets or different kind of accommodation than hotels so it was not so easy to choose …
But then I went through the long list of all the wellness hotels I’ve relaxed myself at and each one of them was awesome. Only some of them are situated right on the beach though.
Here’s the list of my 5 favorite beach hotels in no particular order:
1. Hacienda Encantada in Baja California Sur – on the highway between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo located on the rocky beach with never-ending dramatic views of the famous Arch. Healthy and delicious all inclusive meals in its restaurants and pool bars together with fresh fruit juices and a lot of sun beams was all I needed to be happy. Hacienda Encantada is pretty quiet, great for families or couples, or even a single person like me who wanted to relax. Although it’s not possible to swim in the shores just right out of the hotel because of the strong water current, the sunset seen from the infinity pool or another pool make up for it pretty well.
2. Marina Fiesta – located right in the harbor (Marina) of Cabo San Lucas in Baja California Sur in Mexico offers a completely different experience to its guests than the previously mentioned Hacienda. Marina Fiesta is situated just a short walk from Medano beach right in the heart of restaurants, bars, souvenir shops and much more. The hotel offers one of the best places for pinky sunsets I’ve ever seen and all inclusive meals in the Golden Zone restaurants (Italian cuisine, Mexican, sushi, grill etc.) In case you don’t have enough of warm weather, you can hop in one of the saunas or jacuzzis, or sweat in the gym with the view of the harbor. Both Hacienda Encantada and Marina Fiesta are the reasons why I go on all inclusive holidays at least a few times a year.
3. Hotel Terraza – situated in a small town of Roses in North East of Spain. Unfortunately, I visited the area in the end of winter and beginning of summer so not the best time of the year. Definitely not the best for swimming and sunbathing on the beach but on the other hand, it meant more time spent enjoying the hotel. I loved the big healthy breakfast options and also very tasty dinners but most of all the Spacesens spa on the 5th floor made a deep impression on me. I used the saunas, jacuzzi and pool for some me time and was surprised to find such a quality Polynesian ritual massage using the principles of thermotherapy in Spain. I gained loads of energy there and also afterwards on the sunbed next to jacuzzi observing the Roses bay through the glass.
4. Totem Hotel Beach Resort – located on one of the Caribbean beaches of Costa Rica just outside of Puerto Viejo town. It’s just across the road and thus a minute from the beach popular for surfers but even someone who does not surf (like me) could spend some quality time there sunbathing or even observing charming surfers 🙂 Plus, the pleasant staff, huge jacuzzi, swimming pool, Italian restaurant and peace and quiet in the hustle of bustle of the real jungle? That’s what Totem Hotel has to offer. Expect to have howler monkeys and beautiful crabs living next door. Nothing better for some fun in the heart of Costa Rican jungle than this hotel.
5. Solverde Spa & Wellness – situated just outside of Espinho, a little beach town in Northern Portugal I visited as part of Geo and medieval tour. Just 15 minutes from Porto you can relax on the beach, swimming pool or spa of this hotel. I greatly enjoyed the pools with seawater as it is better for skin than the one with chlorine, also liked the separated saunas for women or men as I prefer men not staring at me when sweating naked. Fresh fruit and water were waiting for me in the room and another advantage was wide selection of fruit for breakfast too – different kinds of melons, pineapple, even dried fruits and nuts. Hotel Solverde Spa & Wellness is definitely my kind of a healthy lifestyle hotel.
All look so tempting and inviting, but Hacienda Encantada’s infinity pool looks quite irresistible 😉
Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler
It so was! Spent hours in it 😀
I would definitely visit Solverde Spa & Wellness to try their delicious breakfast 😀 <3!
Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler
Loved the breakfast there too!