Pure Raw vegan chef training and detox Bali – day 5
Science lesson – Nutrition
- prana – air
- thoughts and feelings about myself
- the state of inner intimacy I live in and how I relate with others
- Macro nutrients – fats, proteins, carbs, water (we need more of them)
- Micro nutrients – vitamins, minerals (we only need traces of them)
Eat less to live more.
Our body wants to be in balance – bio-chemically, emotionally and physically.
How should your healthy stool look like? No pain, nothing on the toilet paper, no ”rocks” but one bigger piece.
Gut flora are good bacterias = our army dealing with food.
- 7.4 pH balance is the best for the immune system
- blood below 7 pH or 6.8 pH gets your body into sickness because the gut flora is tired and not working properly (the cells of blood under microscope are in a weird shape, not glowing around, but sticking together.) The same happens when you take antibiotics. Sticky blood picks up the toxicity and the joints become acidic, the skin breaks down.
- we need about 50 grams per day
- on ”traditional” diet you get sometimes around 200 – 400 grams which leads to acidocis, stuck intestines, osteoporosis, leukocytosis, bones and joints get weak, bones break easily
- protein is made of amino acids – we need 9 essential amino acids
- found in greens, nuts, seeds, avocado, durian, olives
- omega-3, 6 and 9, triglycerids, polyglycerids, not heated – cold pressed oils = our body can use
- they have growth hormones and allow proteins to be assimulated into our bodies
- we do NOT need soy bean oil, vegetable oil, cooked oils
- we do neet nuts, seeds and avocado fat
- anything with fats in it should be kept in the fridge (especially in tropic and hot climate)
- liver processes fat and gall bladder deals with cholesterol
- we need whole-nutrition carbs, such as flax crackers, nuts and seeds, raw dehydrated bread, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, amarant
- NO empty carbs (cereal, white rice, pasta, sugar, bread)
Vitamins and minerals:
- are in all whole foods
If you don’t feel good in your belly, why to put more food to clog it even more???
- they are good as a bridge but once you feel your body works properly, then don’t make a habit of using supplements
- they should come from whole foods source
- probiotics restore gut flora; e.g. bulgaricus
- in Europe you get loads of antibiotics as kids, also no breast-feeding. But the baby gets 2 good probiotics from breast milk at least for the first year (L-Planterium and L-Salvarus)
- not all probiotics are created equal
- take probiotics first thing in the morning and not to mix it with anything
- you want 30 to 50 billion in counts of the probiotics
- research how long all the ingredients in probiotics live
- probiotic in pills don’t need fridge (they bypass the acid in our belly), but those in fridge are actively living
- all supplements should be taken in liquid or powder form, and not in pill form; except probiotics (they don’t get the digestive enzymes in the saliva.)
- if you don’t masticate enough, you would absorb just a small portion of the food.
- take some digestive enzymes before you eat cooked food, too much food, or improperly combined raw food (take them 15 minutes before eating)
- vitamin C is a builder which builds immune system (can be used in salad dressings instead of vinegar or lemon juice.) Use a quarter of a tea spoon, not more, as then it runs through your body only without doing any good.
- vitamin supplements NOT from whole foods can damage liver
- turmeric reduces inflammation and cleanses liver
- dragon’s blood takes infection out of your body, helps with gastric issues.
- alkaline drops used to filter water (great for travellers)
- lysine – builder, good for viruses and herpes, when you feel cold symptoms are coming (1 table spoon a day)
- MSM – builder, repairs connecting tissues and joints, good for hair and nails. It’s naturally occuring sulphur (1 tea spoon a day.) Sulphur is found in spicy greens and spicy herbs.
- DE gets parasites out of your body, absorbs odor (1 table spoon in the morning with dragon’s blood)
- colloidal silver – with dragon’s blood, 100 ml 3 times a day, great during detox cleanse
- peroxide – soak veggies in it when traveling. It pulls out the infection (use on open wounds and cuts, e.g. for skin after a bike accident.)
- coconut oil
- cacao butter
- dried mangosteen – cleans blood, contains a lot of nutrients
- triphala – consists of 3 different fruits. This Ayurvedic mixture contains vitamin C.
- moringa powder from a tree that grows in Bali, too. It has more calcium and protein than meat. Take a tea spoon a day mixed with water (great for traveling, with triphala and vitamin C.)
- hot water bottles on something that hurts so it will move what is stuck in your body
- Herbalax tea
- MMS cleans blood – 1 molecule of bleech to get rid of parasites but you need to know how to use it properly. E.g. would be good to take in India.
Pie – you can freeze or dehydrate the crust.
Crust: we can use nuts, seeds, dates, hemp seeds, tahini or coconut flakes.
Changing the groups when cooking was a great idea so we could meet up with different people and learn from them, and their personal and professional cooking skills. Jillian’s energy is awesome.
The cooking classes were way more than I expected and I REALLY enjoyed them (everyone knows I do not like preparing meals at all.)
Marketing lesson with Chris
- sourced the most expensive stuff on the planet
- goji, cacao, Austrian bee pollen, hemp seeds, spirulina from Costa Rica
- the highest prices
- super cool packages
- similar but not competing with David Wolfe
When you are on your mission, the Universe helps you.
What to think of when creating a raw vegan business?
- Only 0.5% of world population are vegan women.
- Certain % of organic foods does NOT have to be organic to get the organic label.
- People + planet + money are important.
- Humans are NOT resources.
- Where do you wanna be in 5 years?
- How my actions effect the internal things? Be conscious about how my actions are affecting my body and the surroundings.
- Create system where people feel good.
- Support the personal growth of the employees.
- Why are the employees working for me? What they think about me? Ask for their feedback.
What I can do that no one else can? Tell my story.
You have to stress the muscle to get it bigger and stronger. It’s the same with marketing and business.
”Until you are walking on water, you got some work to do :D”
For the detox on the following day:
- We were suggested not to eat too much food for dinner before the 5-day cleanse.
- No drinking in the morning before the pH test
- No brushing the teeth in the morning as we would spit on the pH strip first
- Bring Pure Raw manual
- No nail polish to check our toe nails (how healthy we were)
- Set my mental intention for the cleanse – where I want to get in one year, something about me, not my external goals.
I had a 2-hour massage and decided not to work afterwards. It was the first night of the 10-day retreat when I didn’t turn my laptop on before going to sleep. And I went to bed around 23.30 in a good mood.