Business hotel Aston Bratislava
What I liked at the hotel Aston Bratislava:
- When I looked out of my room window, I noticed some solar panels but wasn’t sure if that short building still belonged to the hotel so asked about it straight away. The hotel director told me that at least 30% of hotel electricity comes from the solar panels – thumbs up for the ecological approach!
- no gas heating which is safer
- the water in the hotel is heated up with water pumps together with the underground water
- 44 rooms
- I was told that the hotel Aston has the largest hotel rooms in Bratislava
- the price of the rooms varies – Monday to Thursday is one price, then Friday to Sunday nights and holidays are different price
- sometimes you can find better room deals on Slovak discount websites, such as www.zlavomat.sk
- because Aston is a business hotel in Bratislava, many business clients return so they even know the names of the employees (that’s very sweet)
- complimentary high speed wifi all around the hotel which works in the conference rooms, too
- many business offices are located in the hotel building, e.g. personal agencies, a German studio etc.
- good and not expensive parking on both sides of the hotel, and also garages for those who have offices here
- 3 conference rooms – main floor where we had our conference – for 50 to 80 people (with or without food), 2nd and 3rd floor smaller conference rooms during the weeks, no weekends, no holidays
- breakfast at the Cubes restaurant – main price on booking is with no breakfast, or business rooms have packages with breakfast and parking. I had breakfast included in my package and was very surprised to see the different vegan meals the chef was preparing for me. I could taste awesome vegan cheese with veggies, banana pancakes with vegan chocolate, and different kinds of hummus. Oh my, I am obsessed with hummus and I didn’t even tell the chef before I came!
- concert evenings are organized sometimes at the Bratislava Cubes restaurant. There was a piano concert during my stay but I had a presentation at that time so couldn’t attend it
- the Cubes restaurant is usually full at lunch time which is a good sign :
- 4 times new restaurant menu depending on the seasons for 2 to 3 months each, using local ingredients; e.g. you can find legumes on the winter menu, heavier meals, heavier meat, Waldorf salad. I like the idea of changing the menu as our taste buds change throughout the year.
- since 22nd March spring menu – meals with peas, radish, wild garlic, chicken and turkey meat, leek, spring onion, Caesar salad
- summer menu – more salads, sometimes meat with salads only, fish, sometimes no side dish to make it lighter
- also some things change on the seasonal menu – different kinds of fish, different meals for special events, business menu for e.g. 3 days only
- if it’s more than 6 people, it’s better to reserve a table and order meals ahead for lunch/dinner because they don’t cook here from processed meals so it would make it easier for the cooks to know about it beforehead
- conference people and people with different healthy lifestyle (e.g. gluten-free vegan like me) usually communicate their dietary restrictions beforehead
- You can ask for gluten-free breakfast, too – e.g. corn bread
- I have to say that the restaurant staff was very pleasant and always smiling and the receptionists very helpful
And three more photos – I got flowers and fresh fruit bucket from my friends for my presentations. Aren’t they cute? 🙂
I am very grateful for being able to stay at this hotel. For more information, please check out the business hotel Aston Bratislava.