Jacuzzi and strawberries with chocolate at the hotel Danubia Gate in Bratislava
After I came back from Trivandrum in Kerala in India and Bucharest in Romania in April 2015, I spent 2 weeks in my home country Slovakia. Just a quick few days at home and I had to make my way to the capital for 5 days to apply for visa to Russia and also speak at 2 conferences – WordCamp Slovensko and Marketing Live.
Usually, my Bratislava visits are because of the visa, business meetings or to revisit friends (such as Milan from Bezmapy) so I don’t mind to stay at a friend’s house. But as this time I was super busy with meetings and even had to prepare my presentations, I did not want to be rude not spending any time with my friend and just use her/his apartment, so I preferred to stay at a hotel.
And getting a Deluxe Suite at the Danubia Gate in Bratislava was an excellent choice! Days of peace and quiet …
What I liked about Danubia Gate in Bratislava:
- pleasant staff with very friendly and personal approach which is exactly what I prefer
- fresh fruit for breakfast – a buffet breakfast is always the best for me as usually they have fruit there which was also the case at the Danubia Gate. I was really grateful for that as I don’t eat what is called ”traditional breakfast” with bread, ham, sausages, eggs etc. (to be honest, there’s nothing I can choose from traditional or Western or British breakfast.) Besides fruit, I also enjoyed green tea and once we even had strawberries with dark chocolate. That was my cheating day but don’t tell anyone 😀
- I found myself spending more time at breakfast every morning because I lost track of time staring at the restaurant roof lighting that reminded me of stars.
- salads on the lunch menu. Don’t forget to try vegan strawberry sorbet, delicious!
- located in the heart of the city – the hotel is situated just a few minutes from the attractions in the old town and also very close to the Danube river. The Danube Gate on the Danube Street where the hotel is located dates back to the 15th century. Back in time it was the gate through which the traders used to enter the city.
- my Deluxe Suite – I was amazed by how luxurious it was! I’ve had 3 LCD TV screens in my room. Yes, you read right. Three! One just above my bed, one on the wall I could watch from the sofa and the third one in the bathroom. The suite was really big with a sofa, 2 armchairs, a double bed, a wardrobe, a work table, a fridge and also a kettle for tea and coffee. So spacious. Each room in the hotel is equipped with a computer with cable internet, a monitor with a webcam, a CD, DVD and MP3 player, a safe and a minibar. Super high-tech, don’t you think? If I didn’t have my Acer Aspire R13 laptop with me, I would still be able to work in my room. Nice!
- jacuzzi, oh jacuzzi! Just imagine a hydromassage bathtub for two … blue lights … bath salt … bubbles and meditation music … Could it get any better? Hm maybe just if I was not there on my own, I have to admit. Anyway, the jacuzzi was THE reason calling me to the hotel instead of partying in town. I was blogging in jacuzzi just not to break the habit, that’s for sure, but I also put meditation music on and indulged in.
- loved to find fresh fruit in my room when I checked in. There was also a little cake and gingerbread, such a sweet detail!
- a printer with white papers in every room. Really useful when I needed to print my train tickets or even my presentation I had at a conference when I stayed at the hotel.
- good wifi – it worked in my room and also at the restaurant so I could work easily from any part of the hotel
- I got a beautiful fridge magnet as a present when leaving
- iron and ironing board for rent
- parking in the back patio
- 24/7 fitness centre
- A/C around the hotel and in all rooms
- the Danubia Gate hotel is the first public hotel station in Bratislava where you can charge electric vehicles
- 2 conference rooms on the top floor with the view of the Bratislava Castle, also a smaller meeting room
As you can see, no wonder the Danubia Gate made it to the second best hotel in Bratislava on Tripadvisor. I can highly recommend you to stay there if you happen to visit our capital. Let me know how you enjoyed the jacuzzi then 😉
Many thanks to everyone who made my stay at the hotel Danubia Gate in Bratislava so pleasant. For more information about the rates, check out their website.