Pure Raw vegan chef certification and detox training Bali – day 1
We are aware of feelings and it’s all just about how we express it outside. We as women are designed to beauty. Like flowers, they are beautiful without even doing anything. But sometimes we forget to say what is really in our head and heart.
Amy used to hid in her childhood not using her voice at all in the dysfunctional family. Then she wanted to be a song writer and express what was in her. So she had been vocal training almost half of her life and we could sit there and listen to her beautiful voice!
You can hear everything from what’s going on in your life just through your voice.
“Our deep intention here at the course is to get into love.”
Then, we even started dancing to Where is the love song by Black Eyed Peas. The most perfect song ever which made me enjoy dancing even though I honestly do not like it.
Communication equals gratification so we were asked to speak about anything, needs, problems, worries, grief, feelings etc.
We are strong women and crying babies at once and a lot of it comes here during a course like this one. So some of us even started to sob at the first sharing circle when talking about death and holding emotions.
It was not just a training to teach us how to prepare delicious raw vegan meals and detox our bodies.
The majority of us came there to completely let go of things that worried us so we might get resistant to crying or the opposite, simply cry a lot.
It is important to be honest about our feelings and let them get all out. There is nothing wrong to fix so the suggestion at the course was not to try to figure out why we feel the way we do.
Women have a lot of estrogen so we are designed to feel. Our female part feels like helping all the time but sometimes we feel like we are fixing something which brings a negative side of it. We try to be self-responsible and take care of ourselves first.
Deal with the emotions and show them, not hide them pretending to be strong. If we don’t show emotions, the walls come out and people don’t feel safe around us and don’t trust us that way. And that is not what we want, right?
“I am not a morning person at all and hate dancing but really enjoyed the first morning yoga and dance. I am trying to experience everything while here and still be here early every morning.” that’s what I shared at the first circle.
Science class Self-responsibility
- letting go of victim mentality
- life happens for us and not to us
- be mindful about everything
- I am fully here, fully present
- I am 100% responsible for my life
- whatever happens in life, I try to look at it seeing how I can benefit from that
”I feel this way about this and that” instead of ”you did this and this is how it makes me feel.”
We have to be responsible for our choices because no one makes us do anything!
- Leukocytosis = when the number of the white blood cells increase. It happens when we eat food our body cannot digest so white blood cells accummulate, stick together to starches and sugar (bread, pasta, grains, meat and dairy glue the intestines) so the immune system reacts with intoxicity.
- It leads to infection, poor circulation and low immune system. It creates inflammation and ages our body.
- You feel tired, heavy, with skin problems and the higher potential is blocked. When you have a lot of white blood cells, the body produces mucus which blocks everything, the veins, arteries, cappilaries, lungs and you sweat a lot etc. It’s a natural response.
- It throws off the gut flora in the belly so the pH goes down. It holds candida and parasites.
- We want to eliminate the white cells and get more red blood cells.
- There’s only one cause of all illnesses – toxicity
- dragon’s blood plant – take 2 in the morning
- colloidal silver – 100 ml morning
- turmeric – before bed time 2 turmeric capsules or mix a tea spoon of powder in a cup of water (powder is better as you get digestive enzymes in the mouth that start the digestion but with the capsules it does not happen.) No turmeric straight away for kids as it’s very strong.
- moringa – builds red blood cells so strengthens the blood and tissues
Pure Raw approach
- High oxygen content in raw food. When you cook, the oxygen goes away. It’s like in a room on fire, it gets suffocated. We need to get oxygen also from the food, not just breathing.
- Bio-electrical current = all living beings have it, it’s the aliveness, the energy. Cooking destroys this, it kills the electricity but we run on the electricity (the nerve energy.)
- Water content = cooking takes the water out of it. But we are mostly made of water.
- Enzymes = digestors breaking the food down and cleaning the blood. Cooking destroys about 80% of the enzymes.
- Minerals = can stand more heat but some don’t survive when heated.
- Fiber = broccoli is full of fiber when raw but almost looses fiber when steamed/cooked. In order to let our digestion to work the best, I need to eliminate well but for that I need fiber to absorb well. Otherwise, bloating and leukocytosis happen.
To plan and prepare meals is the key!
2. question What do I need to do to plan and prepare for raw vegan diet?
We spent the first 5 days of the course also with Jillian Love, a raw vegan chef from New York living in California. Jillian is awesome and learning from her was so much fun!
Kitchen basic hygiene
- Wash the hands properly
- Never lick your fingers
- Tie your hair back
- No touching the food if you cut yourself or put a bandage and gloves on your hand
- Roll the sleeves up
- Wear a clean apron
- Clean everything asap so the bacteria don’t grow there
- Store up to 3 days in the fridge – dressings, soups, smoothies so just throw it if is getting bad
- Sanitize the equipment with vinegar
- High-speed blender
- Food processor
- Juicer – juices super rocket fuel our body (e.g. Green star)
- Dehydrators (Excalibur has an air flow so it dries everywhere the same and you can control the heat)
- Bamboo or wood cutting board. Use coconut oil to wash it after water which kills the bacteria.
- 2 sharp quality knives = a big chef knife and a small one. Thinner is for slicing veggies and thicker for e.g. potatoes or carrots. You have more control with sharp knives.
- Funnel, and a mandolin to hand-slice veggies.
- Spiralizer to make strings of e.g. zucchini
- Cocojack to open small coconuts
- Nut milk bag
- Glass jars to store food in the fridge
- Plastic zip logs for the freezer storage
- Measuring spoons and cups
Stocking and staples
- Nuts and seeds (almonds soaked after 13 hours and then stored in the freezer)
- Nut and seed butter
- Macadamia nuts – in the fridge and dark
- Usually store it in dark and colder places
- After soaking the nuts, you need to use them immediately or dehydrate them and put in the fridge, or cleanse them and put in the freezer
- We soak the nuts to make them living things, to release the enzyme inhibitors that make them easier to digest. They also start changing fat into protein when soaked.
- Defrost the nuts in a plastic bag, put in warm water and then make food with them in the blender
- Macadamia nuts are good to make ice cream as they are more creamy than almonds
- Sweeteners – stevia, dates, raw honey, lucuma, melasa for flavour
- Dried fruits – tomatoes, goji, mulberries, raisins, dates. They are great flavour inhancers.
- Super foods – moringa, spirulina, chlorella
- Dried coconut, cacao, carob
- Coconut and olive oil
- Garlic oil with garlic soaked in extra virgin olive oil bottle for a month
- Quinoa, buckwheat, amarant, sweet potatoes
- Sprouts, such as lentils, adzuki, clover seeds, sunflower seeds, quinoa, mungo, buckwheat.
- Greens – wash everything at once with vinegar. Wrap them in a paper towel, not to dry them completely, and then store in a plastic bag in the fridge. Wash strawberries with vinegar so they stay fresh for longer.
- Fresh fruit
- Store berries and citrus fruit in the fridge, but not peaches.
How can I be a super hero with least time spent on making food whle getting the most nutrition from it?
- To get people more to raw vegan diet, you invite them to taste it instead of too much forcing and convincing.
- 4 kinds of chopping and cutting.
- Sesame is full of calcium
- How to use a blender – turn it on on a low position, then higher speed and always finish with low speed again.
- Lemon and tomatoes have acidic effect on other food so they break down the food cells which makes it feel like more cooked.
- Spread the food out on the plate when hydrating it for longer and maybe even use some oil and stir it all up.
- Covering in the dehydrator means not to dry it up too much. You can cover with foil or plastic wrap that is not touching the food to keep the water from going out. So no other plate on top as it would be too heavy and could break the dehydrator.
- Ideas with raw vegan food – Teaching, traveling with a family and cook for them, catering, consultations for restaurants, train their stuff, meal delivery, open a restaurant, retreats, vending, big events, meetups.
Stew recipe – we want to get smaller pieces of veggies (almond size) to get more surface area where the acid can get easier ( acid brings out the flavour.)
“How we breathe is how we live. So breathe freely and fully to experience a full flowing life.”
What is breath work?
There’s nothing like breathing with other people to make a good connection with them 🙂
Breath work experience
“The world needs people who feel more.“
“I have forgotten who I truly was until the breath work.”
My breath work experience
I kept telling myself “I don’t like it. Let’s stop. Can we finish?”